Massive VASL errors when synching to a game need help please

Hudson

Reaction score
When I connect to a VASSAL game of ASL to sync and watch ( I am brand new, just got the ASL Starter Kit 1) I get a heap of extension errors.

I was wondering where to get a majority of these: (I am using VASL 5.9.2)

This game was saved with extension '3d6' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '4los' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5ABNv51' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5BFR' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5DBP' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5FB' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5GCbeta02' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5KIA' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5OTO' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5OTOv51' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5OVHv51' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5PBr' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5PER' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5SV' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5TRN' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension '5VBM' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Aircraft' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Aircraft52' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'ArmouredPassenger_Tray' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Berserk' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'BFP' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'ChapterD' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Chit_generator' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Drag-over-ext1' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Kreta' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'MapInv' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'P-dice' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Rangers' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Rare_Vehicles&Ordnance' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'RbF4' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'SASLost' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'SecretDR' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'SF' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'SpecialForces' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'StN' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Tournementv5' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Tray' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'Walcheren' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'WebDice' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- This game was saved with extension 'WWI' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it
- LOS engine disabled... No board found
- LOS engine disabled... No board found
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found brfairmileb.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found br128stn.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found on-station.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found brfairmilebtorp.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found bmasa.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found ib.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found br338HSStN.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found aama.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found brmtb74.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found br648StN.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found searchlight.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found brhmscambleton.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found geAA40L.gif
- Bad Data in Module: Image not found brfairmilec.gif

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
You synched to a game that was started by someone who had a whole lotta extensions.

Did you still have visiblity and function of map and counters?

Hudson

Reaction score
I can see the counters, but no maps. And I even made a folder to hold all the maps. I have a directory I put all my VASSAL stuff into

F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\boards for the boards and the extensions, which is empty, I guess go into

F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext

Hudson

Reaction score
Yup did that F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\boards is my board director set in the VASSAL preferences for ASL downloaded all those boards too

I think its the extensions that are killin me

Things like

This game was saved with extension 'ArmouredPassenger_Tray' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the 'F:\VASSAL\VASLv592\VASL_ext' folder to load it

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
They shouldn't.....I never seen missing extensions kill a session to where you couldn't function, although that is a seriously long list, and there seem to be some images you're missing. I've never seen a "Bad Data" error and that might be whats killing you? If it wuz just the extensions, if the maps are in the right directory, you should at least get the maps?

You can probably find most (but probably not all) of the extensions here:

http://advancedsquadleader.net/index.php/VASL_Extensions

It looks like you tried to synch to someone who is a serious VASL lush....

Can you build a scenario off-line? Using your local maps?

Hudson

Reaction score
Just tried it offline worked fine but still just get extension errors when sync'ing with games the pros are playing online. Ill try that extensions website you linked maybe I need to get some of those

Thanks for the link thats what I needed

Last edited:

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you ask the players if you could sync before you did it? They could tell you about any mapboard or extensions they may be using that are out of the norm. I have not seen or heard about several of the extensions in the list.

Hudson

Reaction score
Yup i sure did. Must have been something with their game. I do have those extensions now. I managed to get a little face to face time in with the game yesterday. I have a long road to travel