Marooned!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You are finally able to take that long delayed gap year and fulfill that cherished dream of attending every ASL tournament in the world. Your stunning financial planning allows you to charter a small yacht, the Minnow 2 to transport you and your entire ASL kit. Leaving Hawaii for the Asian leg of the world tour the ship is struck by a whale angry about the not so veiled references to a 1960s sitcom. The
Captain yells " abandon ship!! Grab your essentials and man the lifeboats, there is a small desert isle nearby!"
Your entire ASL kit is about to end up in Davey Jones' Locker. You can only grab one module before the ship goes down, what would it be? Assume it has all the necessary components. Btw no SOS was sent and rescue is uncertain, you may be marooned for years.

This thread was inspired by Don posting he and his buddy played RB CGs for 3 years. That and the fact that I missed the bottom basement step and totally messed up my lower back so too much time on my hands and Captain Bacchus is on shore leave.

My choice is RB.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Probably been similar threads so apologies for the repetition.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Campaign game or module?

Rising Sun for me. Can't do without my PTO.

If just campaigns then OP Veritable over RB. Much more interesting toys.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
One module? I am assuming the necessary opponent's OoB are included.

I would have to with WOA/FKaC - covers Norway, Belgium, France 40/41; Africa 40-43; CBI/New Guinea 42-44; Sicily/Italy 43-44; NWE 44-45

Only the eastern front and US Marine battles would be left out.

Last edited:

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I guess I would just grab the rulebook only, I once spent 10 years doing nothing more than reading it, I think I can do that again....

If it has to be a Module.....well I would say Pegasus Bridge. That is in my view the best CG ever made. And you could play it several times in a year!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I guess I would just grab the rulebook only, I once spent 10 years doing nothing more than reading it, I think I can do that again....

If it has to be a Module.....well I would say Pegasus Bridge. That is in my view the best CG ever made. And you could play it several times in a year!
Should have said ASLRB included. Big proponent of constant reading of the rules. 10 years. Nice. Between you and Don I'm feeling like I was a slacker when it came to dedication to the game.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Me personally, I am taking my guitar. I have a 70's era Martin D16GT with a nice original hard case. I have 10 sets of strings in the case. I would have to stretch those out somehow, but at least I don't need to teach one of the passengers ASL :) -- jim

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You too. Unless you're content limiting play to IJA v. China, not including those represented by Russian counters. -- jim
USMC and Phillipinos too.
Not ideal as the best PTO scenarios involve Brits/French/Dutch but hey ho.

I assume system counters are included or the choice becomes pointless.

Hell I can do without system counters if need be.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Mm it would boil down to which module has counters enough for BOTH sides, so that narrows it down a lot.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Pretty sure you need BV to play that. Looks like you're making counters out of coconut chips. ;) -- jim
Your kit is so extensive, thanks to stunning financial planning that each module had everything it needs to be playable ?? .Didn't include dice so Gilligan is going to be busy whittling, if he can keep his eyes off of Mary Ann?.

The Professor would be a worthy opponent.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I'm taking an "in her prime" Dawn Wells and disappearing too. Of course, being an old goat, I wouldn't last the night, but I would die happy.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are finally able to take that long delayed gap year and fulfill that cherished dream of attending every ASL tournament in the world. Your stunning financial planning allows you to charter a small yacht, the Minnow 2 to transport you and your entire ASL kit. Leaving Hawaii for the Asian leg of the world tour the ship is struck by a whale angry about the not so veiled references to a 1960s sitcom. The
Captain yells " abandon ship!! Grab your essentials and man the lifeboats, there is a small desert isle nearby!"
Your entire ASL kit is about to end up in Davey Jones' Locker. You can only grab one module before the ship goes down, what would it be? Assume it has all the necessary components. Btw no SOS was sent and rescue is uncertain, you may be marooned for years.

This thread was inspired by Don posting he and his buddy played RB CGs for 3 years. That and the fact that I missed the bottom basement step and totally messed up my lower back so too much time on my hands and Captain Bacchus is on shore leave.

My choice is RB.
If it's a small 'desert' island i'm taking the booze as I probably only have a few weeks at best before I run out of water or food or both.

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hehum...back on topic,

I’m a traditionalist, I’d grab Beyond Valour purely for the breadth of the Eastern Front conflict over 4 years of bitter fighting (and both sides have good AFV, even though I’m not a ‘treadhead’).