King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

I just busted my sides laughing at this one :love:

Mark Ps extensive reviews on Desperation Morale are always GEMs as usual but there is always a great quote in the set - but there are always lots and lots of contenders for that best side-splitting quote ?

"though it is no easy chore assembling 15 12″ x 18″ map panels in the shape of a Starfleet insignia from Star Trek. "

I laughed so hard I coughed and the coughed so hard I nearly lost my lunch!! ?

Try and find it - no hints!

Thanks again Mark!!

Cheers

Rob :)

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Once done assembling all of those map panels, the attempting-to-trace-a-correct-LOS-ordeal begins...
Good luck!!!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just wait until he see's LFT Korea HASL, I think on average each scenario had at least 8 different VC's.

Hi All

another cool Mark comment!

"The victory conditions were so long I learned to play full ASL before finishing them" ?

Cheers

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

just doing some trips down memory lane

What about this one - when is it from and what is it about!

"Just as hominids split into several evolutionary lines, some, such as Cro-Magnon, which succeeded, and others, such as the Neanderthals, which did not, ASL too has had more than one evolutionary line. "

Cheers

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Not speaking of the evolution of players themselves.
For an example, I have started Iguanodon and reached painfully the Australopithecus stage.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Not speaking of the evolution of players themselves.
For an example, I have started Iguanodon and reached painfully the Australopithecus stage.
Many ASLer took some different path of evolution: They started as fast moving Tyrannosaurs (if we'd cared to ask their mothers...) and ended up as Brontosaurs (with regard to body weight).

von Marwitz

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Just wait until he see's LFT Korea HASL, I think on average each scenario had at least 8 different VC's.
He already did a review, and it is quite positive.

http://www.desperationmorale.com/products/the-fight-for-seoul/

He has a word or two for those VCs though:

"Almost half of the scenarios have complex–or very complex–victory conditions, including some with multi-part victory conditions. The problem with such complex victory conditions is that it is not that hard for a player to fail to realize (or to keep in mind) every contingency on which victory relies, which can mean a player loses a scenario just because they couldn’t keep the victory conditions in their head. Few things are more frustrating than losing a scenario that way. Easily comprehensible victory conditions just tend to allow scenarios to play more smoothly. "

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
He already did a review, and it is quite positive.

http://www.desperationmorale.com/products/the-fight-for-seoul/

He has a word or two for those VCs though:

"Almost half of the scenarios have complex–or very complex–victory conditions, including some with multi-part victory conditions. The problem with such complex victory conditions is that it is not that hard for a player to fail to realize (or to keep in mind) every contingency on which victory relies, which can mean a player loses a scenario just because they couldn’t keep the victory conditions in their head. Few things are more frustrating than losing a scenario that way. Easily comprehensible victory conditions just tend to allow scenarios to play more smoothly. "
Though I have not seen the LFT product and reviewed its victory conditions, in general, I do agree with Mark's assessment. By now, we have gotten used to the necessity to contemplate your setups for defence and offense carefully, because not doing so will cost you half a turn of time which might be just what separates you from victory or defeat. Personally, I do find it somewhat trying if I have whack by brain just attempting to find out, what the victory conditions are really saying.

von Marwitz