March to Baghdad, Episode 1

blond_knight

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know this was released last year so this may be old news to some of you, but I just finished the first scenario last night - Seize Objective Liberty and it was alot of fun...and bloody.
This is a free mini game from Prosimco(Shrapnel games) that includes two scenarios about the battle for Tallil airbase in 2003. Its built on the AATF engine which has a total GUI revamp to simplify managing your forces making it much easier for a newcomer to pickup and learn. If you havent played an ATF game in a while your going to be surprised. Not only is the GUI redone but theyve set a new standard for map quality, and theyve returned to the top-down counter view of the vehicles and troops. I dont know if the same person who made the Operation Anaconda map in the AATF release also made the Tallil airbase map but its gorgeous, I wish my maps looked that good. And watching your tank column moving down a road with their gun tubes covering different sectors is a darn nice touch and realistic.
Being a freebie it doesnt include an editor but if you have AATF you can simply copy over the AATFbuild.exe and create your own scenarios or edit the database.
I thought it was all very well done. From the GUI to the map, units, and AI. Even the splash screen artwork and briefings I thought were well engaging.
I did mention it was free right? Swing over to Armchair General and see what they have to say about it, and try it for yourself.
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/marchtobaghdad

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am glad you liked it!

Curt Pangracs (Raging Tiger, The Star and the Crescent) built all the scenarios, maps, and graphics in this game. I agree...he did a top notch job!