March Madness 2022

Daver

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In Person March Madness Tournament, March 18-20, 2022

What:
The March Madness 2022 tournament features multiple mini-tournaments and a Sweet Sixteen, single elimination tournament beginning Friday afternoon. Players play a qualifying game which needs to be completed by 4 PM on Friday.

When: March 18-20, 2022. Doors open on Friday at 9 AM, doors close Sunday at 6 PM.

Where: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shawnee-Kansas City West, an IHG Hotel. https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/shawnee/mkcmd/hoteldetail
Rooms have been set aside and are good until Feb 1, 2022. There are other hotels nearby.

Cost/Registration: $45 includes a copy of the March Madness 2022, Grumble Jones Pack. T-Shirts are extra at a cost of $25. Registration is $50 at the door for a full weekend of ASL, $25 at the door for Saturday only. Checks payable to Dan Best and mail to PO Box 3643, Olathe, KS 66063 or visit the KCASL Club's website: www.kansascityasl.com and use PayPal.

Prizes: The Sweet Sixteen Tournament will have 1ST, 2ND and 3RD prizes of choice ASL merch. Each mini-tournament will have its own prize for the winner. Some mini-tournaments will be two rounds, most will be one round. Free play is always an option. A raffle for all attendees will be held on Saturday afternoon at 4 PM (must be present to win).

Can't make it to Kansas City? We are offering a three-round virtual tournament on the same three days. Cost is $30 (includes the MM Pack: Grumble Jones, any prizes and shipping).

For information please contact Dan Best (djbest30 at aol.com)

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What if we want to come, but don't like people from Kansas City? Is Grumble going to be there? Does he have to be? If I play Dan, can I require that he play Germans? Can I get extra points if I bring a long haired hippie from Wichita with me? Can I get extra points if I leave him here? Do you guys even play ASL in Kansas City?

Thanks in advance.
Roy

Last edited:

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wichita players are always welcome. Especially considering company they keep 😲 Grumble Jones will be there, please don't throw things at him. Yes, you can require Dan to play the Germans, even in the most unbalanced scenarios. There is a hippie point bonus. Free admission if you bring a guy named after a flower. We are known to play ASL in Kansas City in March, but still not known to play well 😉

See you in March!

What if we want to come, but don't like people from Kansas City? Is Grumble going to be there? Does he have to be? If I play Dan, can I require that he play Germans? Can I get extra points if I bring a long haired hippie from Wichita with me? Can I get extra points if I leave him here? Do you guys even play ASL in Kansas City?

Thanks in advance.
Roy
🆒

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hippies use flower power. Plus I was talking about Mike Rose. If he still plays ASL...

Not sure what kind of flower qualifies, but his name is Bud. Infer from that what you will........

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hippies use flower power. Plus I was talking about Mike Rose. If he still plays ASL...
He does play, but at this time has stopped tournamenting.

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Knowing his grievances, I would say it is extremely unlikely that anything would do.

That is my opinion. I do not presume to speak for one of my best friends.

You'll have to settle for me and Bud. The two of us put together aren't the ASL player Mike is, but we've been working on our cheating methods. We'll be ready.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Knowing his grievances, I would say it is extremely unlikely that anything would do.

That is my opinion. I do not presume to speak for one of my best friends.

You'll have to settle for me and Bud. The two of us put together aren't the ASL player Mike is, but we've been working on our cheating methods. We'll be ready.
Looking forward to having you and Bud. Hopefully the variations of COVID do not cause another lockdown. Like Winter Offensive just suffered.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kansas City is still in the high category of community spread of COVID-19. There are no lockdown restrictions currently ordered. Health officials do recommend people get vaccinated to protect themselves from serious illness and if vaccinated get boosters. Also, masks are recommended for indoor activity.

It looks like March Madness 2022 will be on. Both in person and with a virtual option for those facing the tyranny of distance and travel. We have more than a dozen registrations received. Reminder, March 1 is the pre-registration deadline and is three weeks away. Looking forward to seeing everyone at MM 2022!

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great! Always fun with the boys from Michigan make it.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any word on the scenario selections ?
Hi Paul,

We usually announce the list after March 1. So tournament sharks do not have time to practice all the scenarios. However, the rounds usually include 5 scenarios, two of which are new (likely HazMo, DTF, and HL3 will be present), then two from the highly balanced list on ROAR, (likely many players will have played them) and one classic favorite scenario (likely also played and balanced). The rounds are themed (East Front, USA, PTO, British, and minors). Check past year announcements here for examples.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Danno,
Okay, thanks. I'm signed up for the virtual mini. Just want to ensure I'm familiar with rules sections I may not have played a lot based on the selections.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Paul,

We usually announce the list after March 1. So tournament sharks do not have time to practice all the scenarios. However, the rounds usually include 5 scenarios, two of which are new (likely HazMo, DTF, and HL3 will be present), then two from the highly balanced list on ROAR, (likely many players will have played them) and one classic favorite scenario (likely also played and balanced). The rounds are themed (East Front, USA, PTO, British, and minors). Check past year announcements here for examples.
I like the balance of older and newer scenarios! Hoping to make it to KC one of these days . . .

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Danno,
Okay, thanks. I'm signed up for the virtual mini. Just want to ensure I'm familiar with rules sections I may not have played a lot based on the selections.
The good news you will have more fun than those who have played the scenarios before. The virtual players will use the same tournament round scenarios as the main event. However, they get to choose from rounds 1&2 first game and rounds 3&4 second game (since they play one game every 24 hours). Then round 5 for the third game. 10 choices in first and second game. Only 5 choices in game three.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario list:

Round 1: USA
WO3 Counterattack at Carentan
ESG 12 Road Kill
DB157 Morning Massacre
DFT-16 Panther Cull
ASL 14 Silence that Gun