March Madness 2018

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry if I missed it - will there be a scenario pack released this year?
Yep. Called the Players Pack. Should have ten scenarios. Designed by various members of the Kansas City ASL club. Preview of the pack cover is here:

http://kansascityasl.com/html/publications.html

Not sure if it will go up for sale before or after the tournament. Still working with the printers on a delivery date.

Last edited:

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One Week to start time. Looking forward to some new players attending. As well as the regular attendees who make March Madness great.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hey Dano -

Thanks for a great tourney! How did the final turn out?
Could you publish the playings for the weekend?
I am interested in seeing what the balance was on several of those scenarios!
thanks,
N

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to Dan Best and Dave Mareske for another outstanding March Madness tourney. I had four days of excellent gaming with exceptional players. Thanks to Randy Schurtz for once again being a great roomie. Thanks to Wes Vaughn and Doug Kirk for the "Eagle Rare" and company. My thanks to Coleman Quill, Jeff Ital, Mike Bistodeau, Randy, and Lee Connor for graciously letting me win scenarios. And, lastly, "we'll meet again Mr. Kirk", who knocked me out with my only loss on the last roll of Belgian Tigers. This tourney is great fun and I will return next year again. I highly recommend.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am sure Dan will post the full round up when he recovers. The final was Dan Plachta (Russian) besting Jim Burris (German) in FT219 Konievs Finest.

I had a good time as usual. I played 5 new, never played before scenarios, went 4-1, losing only to Scott Martin.

Highlight, was of course, beating Dave Ginnard in Belgian Tigers. Back and forth game, last CC DR game. See you in Chicago Dave, perhaps you can get your revenge there..but don't count on it. :)

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to Dan, Dave and the entire KC ASL Group for another fantastic tourney. IThis was my fifth March Madness and the best one yet. So many great memories!

heggieb

Reaction score
First name
Burnie
Country
llUnited States
This was my first trip to KC and MM. Great job, Dave, Dan Paul and KC crew, hats off to you! Met a lot of nice new players, a great gathering.
I won't need a TC to decide if I am coming back next year, It's a sure thing!

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Final results from MM 2018

Champion - Dan Plachta
2nd Place - Jim Burris
3rd Place - Wes Vaughn

Most ASL Played - Mike Bistodeau

We played 70 total scenarios over the three days with many mini-tournament games. Great job by Dave Mareske as Tournament Director.

Special thanks to Alex Key from Key's Games and Hobbies for the generous donation of ASL items for mini-tournaments.
Also thanks to George Kellen from Lone Canuck Publishing for generous tournament support.
Also thanks to Scott from Gamer's Armory for the generous support with a gift certificate.

Final thanks to the players who attended. We had record attendance this year and are looking forward to 2019. If you have recommendations for improvements please contact Dan Best, Dave Mareske or Paul Works.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Final results from MM 2018

Champion - Dan Plachta
2nd Place - Jim Burris
3rd Place - Wes Vaughn

Most ASL Played - Mike Bistodeau

We played 70 total scenarios over the three days with many mini-tournament games. Great job by Dave Mareske as Tournament Director.

Special thanks to Alex Key from Key's Games and Hobbies for the generous donation of ASL items for mini-tournaments.
Also thanks to George Kellen from Lone Canuck Publishing for generous tournament support.
Also thanks to Scott from Gamer's Armory for the generous support with a gift certificate.

Final thanks to the players who attended. We had record attendance this year and are looking forward to 2019. If you have recommendations for improvements please contact Dan Best, Dave Mareske or Paul Works.
Thanks Dan for a great tourney. Had a great time as usual. See you next year.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Dano -

Thanks for a great tourney! How did the final turn out?
Could you publish the playings for the weekend?
I am interested in seeing what the balance was on several of those scenarios!
thanks,
N
All scenarios are entered into ROAR.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cross-posting from the AAR folder. Played MM44 Cassel Defense last weekend. Game came down to the last CC DR. When we counted up our VPs, we each ended up with 6 1/2. We did not see anything in the VCs to address tie situations. I would think that a tie would go to the Brits since the Germans are the Attacker and the onus would be on them to seize sufficient buildings from the Defender.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cross-posting from the AAR folder. Played MM44 Cassel Defense last weekend. Game came down to the last CC DR. When we counted up our VPs, we each ended up with 6 1/2. We did not see anything in the VCs to address tie situations. I would think that a tie would go to the Brits since the Germans are the Attacker and the onus would be on them to seize sufficient buildings from the Defender.
Hi Paul, Yes, a tie would go to the Brits since the Germans are the attacker. Sounds like an exciting match. Sorry the VC did not give an exciting finish.