Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
March Madness 2017
Kansas City, KS 17-19 March 2017

Friday 0800 Hours - Sunday 1800 Hours

WEEKEND REGISTRATION $50 Pre-Registration $35 (Before March 1, 2017)

Saturday only Registration is $25.

Venue info:

Play will be at the Holiday Inn Express Village West

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/kansas-city/mkcpp/hoteldetail

We are returning to the hotel we used in 2006-2008. There is no special room rate use your own sources for the best rate or discuss with the manager. There are several other hotels near by.

Five round format, select from a group of scenarios each round. There will be mini-tournament on Saturday. Timed rounds will be played for the game championship.

The game room opens at 0800 on Friday, and the first competitive tournament round will be played at 12 PM. There will be a warm up round for players who arrive early to practice their ASL skills. The second round played at 7 PM. Hopefully this will make Saturday a more relaxed game day with only two rounds.

We'll have distinctive T-Shirts again this year, they are available for pre-order at $25 for all sizes. Reserve when you register or buy at the door (while supplies last). Please make checks payable to Dan Best and mail to P.O. Box 3643, Olathe, KS 66063 for early registration. For more information contact Dan Best DJBest30 at aol.com

Hope to see you there!

Danno

DCunningham

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Dwain
Country
llUnited States
I have just started playing ASL Starter Kit #1. Will there be opportunities for a novice to play? I would be interested in attending. I live in Nixa, MO., approximately 3-4 hours away.

March Madness 2017
Kansas City, KS 17-19 March 2017

Friday 0800 Hours - Sunday 1800 Hours

WEEKEND REGISTRATION $50 Pre-Registration $35 (Before March 1, 2017)

Saturday only Registration is $25.

Venue info:

Play will be at the Holiday Inn Express Village West

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/kansas-city/mkcpp/hoteldetail

We are returning to the hotel we used in 2006-2008. There is no special room rate use your own sources for the best rate or discuss with the manager. There are several other hotels near by.

Five round format, select from a group of scenarios each round. There will be mini-tournament on Saturday. Timed rounds will be played for the game championship.

The game room opens at 0800 on Friday, and the first competitive tournament round will be played at 12 PM. There will be a warm up round for players who arrive early to practice their ASL skills. The second round played at 7 PM. Hopefully this will make Saturday a more relaxed game day with only two rounds.

We'll have distinctive T-Shirts again this year, they are available for pre-order at $25 for all sizes. Reserve when you register or buy at the door (while supplies last). Please make checks payable to Dan Best and mail to P.O. Box 3643, Olathe, KS 66063 for early registration. For more information contact Dan Best DJBest30 at aol.com

Hope to see you there!

Danno

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New players are welcome. This is a good chance to play several games of ASL over the weekend and meet players from across Missouri. We have an ASLSK mini tournament on Saturday. You are matched by win/loss record so usually can find games that match your skill set. Last year we had a new player show up and he is about to break 50 games in his first year. It will be a good chance for you to try out full ASL and see if you want to make the jump to the full rule book.

Also make plans to attend the St. Louis ASL tournament in July. This is our sister tournament and has a similar scoring system and 5 round format. The tournament director for St. Louis will attend March Madness and is a five time champion.

There are plenty of players willing to teach new players or play some ASLSK. Look forward to meeting you and playing a game.

Danno

I have just started playing ASL Starter Kit #1. Will there be opportunities for a novice to play? I would be interested in attending. I live in Nixa, MO., approximately 3-4 hours away.

ozradio

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stop now before it's too late. Sell SK1 and run far, far away.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
50 days to tournament day. Looking forward to building the scenario list. Any recommendations on scenarios?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ost Front Two, Storm Five! Five! Five! We are using it in the Nor'Easter and I think it has potential to be a barn burner. I have played it twice and like it. There is some errata. If interested, just email me and I can get you a copy and the errata is out on the Lone Cannuck page.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ost Front Two, Storm Five! Five! Five! We are using it in the Nor'Easter and I think it has potential to be a barn burner. I have played it twice and like it. There is some errata. If interested, just email me and I can get you a copy and the errata is out on the Lone Cannuck page.
Have used this one in the past. It got several playings...it is definatley a barn burner!

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hear there is a new journal out which might have some new scenarios in it.
Got my copy yesterday...there are a few good tournament style scenarios...but we still need some other good options.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The three WO pack scenarios from the mind of Ken Dunn are also some very nice choices. Well balanced, IMO, and interesting VCs. And, of course, nice toys.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The three WO pack scenarios from the mind of Ken Dunn are also some very nice choices. Well balanced, IMO, and interesting VCs. And, of course, nice toys.
Thanks Dave. Got that one too. Will check them out. How was SP 22?

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First pre-registration has arrived. Looking forward to how many people we have this year.

salisbury58

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Danno,

Three from St. Louis, Jeff Ital, Rich Burton and myself. Look forward to a great tournament as usual!

Rick

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Danno,

Three from St. Louis, Jeff Ital, Rich Burton and myself. Look forward to a great tournament as usual!

Rick
Thanks Rick,

Looking forward to having you guys in for some ASL.

Danno