Mapboard 77.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
So, what is happening with Journal 13 (and the attendant board 77) and why has it been reduced to a traveler's tale, with certain ASL graybeards telling stories of to talking to people who claim to have once met someone who claimed to have once seen this storied module and the legendary goodies therein?
Consider this a bump!
You mean this Journal 13 is like stepping into the elevator and having an appointment in an office on the 13th floor?
Rumor has it, that it will be published on the 13th. Not Friday - Monday, the 13th...

von Marwitz

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since you mentioned it von Marwitz does Germany still use those crazy constant motion chain lifts, I will never call those elevators.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ve got the stuff to make board LL for VASL but still no sign of board 77. I’ll keep looking.

?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since you mentioned it von Marwitz does Germany still use those crazy constant motion chain lifts, I will never call those elevators.
One of THESE things?
Seems like a serial killer waiting for victims.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, sort of. A very very few are still in use. These are called Pater Noster. (Maybe the faint-hearted utter it while using them?)

About two years ago, there has been a little fuss because they had passed some sort of bill (can't remember what it was about, but it wasn't really about elevators and these things), which accidentally would have made these illegal from one day to the other. The embarrasing thing was, that one of these Pater Nosters was located in the very ministry building which still had one of these in operation with the effect that EVERYONE would have had to take long detours using staircases IIRC. So the added an EXC to the bill and they can still be used.

As said before, only a very few of these are still operational. I remember using one as a kid when I was 4 years old (it was impressive...). You could jump in when it was not yet level with the floor. But jumping in upwards when it had already passed the level of the floor could be somewhat tricky.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I rarely reply to my own posts but this is good. I was on my ancient Kindle typing the reply above and looking for a synonym for "sense of place" in another tab. Being ancient and useless for browsing web pages due to Amazon's planned obsolescence (thanks a**holes), the kindle couldn't open some promising web pages, but it did show this:
View attachment 12198
Not realizing that was Question 1, I thought, "Yeah. Qi. That sounds sufficiently arcane." And the rest is history.
I thought we were going to quit posting after visiting the Dispensary?