Mapboard 77.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
We thought you had borrowed it and were going to return it soon. We didn't want to rush you. Why are you looking for it? Are you going to play a scenario that needs it?

JR

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
OK, that's enough cruelty.

OP: It doesn't exist. Forthcoming in Journal 13 whenever that comes.

This comes up pretty regularly both here and on Facebook. Just a couple weeks ago, I was teasing that I was enjoying laughing evilly whenever it was asked and it should never come out.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was all set to go but was recalled at the last minute due to "Lacking a certain ineffable qi".

It should be ready on Monday.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was all set to go but was recalled at the last minute due to "Lacking a certain ineffable qi".
I rarely reply to my own posts but this is good. I was on my ancient Kindle typing the reply above and looking for a synonym for "sense of place" in another tab. Being ancient and useless for browsing web pages due to Amazon's planned obsolescence (thanks a**holes), the kindle couldn't open some promising web pages, but it did show this:
Not realizing that was Question 1, I thought, "Yeah. Qi. That sounds sufficiently arcane." And the rest is history.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I rarely reply to my own posts but this is good. I was on my ancient Kindle typing the reply above and looking for a synonym for "sense of place" in another tab. Being ancient and useless for browsing web pages due to Amazon's planned obsolescence (thanks a**holes), the kindle couldn't open some promising web pages, but it did show this:
View attachment 12198
Not realizing that was Question 1, I thought, "Yeah. Qi. That sounds sufficiently arcane." And the rest is history.
Ah .. I thought it's another case of Chinese words (Qi 氣) being expropriated for other stuff, like Gungho was (actually, I am not sure if that's even Chinese .. I can't think of what it can translate into for the life of me)

Ed Caswell

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
OK, that's enough cruelty.

OP: It doesn't exist. Forthcoming in Journal 13 whenever that comes.

This comes up pretty regularly both here and on Facebook. Just a couple weeks ago, I was teasing that I was enjoying laughing evilly whenever it was asked and it should never come out.
Thank you.

Ed

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
By process of elimination, almost everyone agrees that ASL Journal 13 is the most likely place to get mapboard 77. The real question is:
When do we get notice of ASL Journal 13's availability [by direct order or pre-order, either way I have a large denomination bill in reserve
for this]?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
By process of elimination, almost everyone agrees that ASL Journal 13 is the most likely place to get mapboard 77. The real question is:
When do we get notice of ASL Journal 13's availability [by direct order or pre-order, either way I have a large denomination bill in reserve
for this]?
In before someone who still thinks "that's what she said" is funny comes along to say "Monday."

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ahh, but which Monday? The next calendar Monday or the Garfield the cat Monday?

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still waiting for the word to be passed {pass the word, Journal 13 on the QM's wish list!}

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
So, what is happening with Journal 13 (and the attendant board 77) and why has it been reduced to a traveler's tale, with certain ASL graybeards telling stories of to talking to people who claim to have once met someone who claimed to have once seen this storied module and the legendary goodies therein?
Consider this a bump!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, what is happening with Journal 13 (and the attendant board 77) and why has it been reduced to a traveler's tale, with certain ASL graybeards telling stories of to talking to people who claim to have once met someone who claimed to have once seen this storied module and the legendary goodies therein?
Consider this a bump!
We need these things. Dutch Trucks. The Great MG Acquisition Caper. Board 77. Ephemeral things, reminding us of the thin veil between the Here and the There.

If Perry hadn't taken Ephemeral Literature 311 as a 2-credit elective during his senior year, this'd never happened.