Map350c ready for download

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
My first TacOps map is available on the Warfare HQ map archives. Let me know what you think.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
India 51B said:
I tried to, but when you try to open it as a single player, it won't let you!
Just click on the OK button and move on when you see the alert window that says "This scenario can not be played in solitaire mode". That alert is always presented when one loads a custom scenario template and map while in solitaire mode.

Once you close the window you will find yourself looking at the newly loaded map and the program will have automatically changed the play mode to two players on one computer.

If you had selected any other mode of play besides solitaire then you would not have been shown that alert.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great map with a very clean look - not over crowded with too closely spaced, differing terrain features.

In case you did not intend for the following to be true. Your rivers have a lot of fords due to a quirk in the TacOps map engine. A very careful player can get units across a river in the case where a corner of a 100 meter river cell touches only the corner of a diagonally adjacent river cell. A careful player can cross at the single pixel that is shared by those two corner points.

To prevent this you need to backstop the diagonal river cells along their North, East, South, or West edges. Avoid steping diagonal river cells only by their corner points.

John Osborne

Reaction score
MajorH said:
In case you did not intend for the following to be true. Your rivers have a lot of fords due to a quirk in the TacOps map engine. A very careful player can get units across a river in the case where a corner of a 100 meter river cell
touches only the corner of a diagonally adjacent river cell. A careful player can cross at the single pixel that is shared by those two corner points.
I noticed that also Major H, when I looked at the terrian using the TacOps Map Edited tool :D

Don, nice map. I see a battle brewing between an Armored Task Force trying to stop an MRR on your map350c :nuts:

John

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I revise the map as soon as I am done with my move to Philly. I hope this map gets some use.

John Osborne

Reaction score
Don Maddox said:
I revise the map as soon as I am done with my move to Philly. I hope this map gets some use.
Mike Veniez and myself are putting together a PBEM for it. It will be an Armored Task Force (one x Infantry Company, three x tank compaines) against a MRR(+)BMP. Visibilty will be 800 meters and the jets will be grounded because of bad weather :nuts: Or I just might use the map for a CPX :D

John

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Do you think it needs graphical changes to the river, or simply some tweaking to the terrain values?

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think most (maybe all) of the fords could be fixed just by adding an adjacent water cell to block the one pixel corner joins. Add the water cell on the side that best matches the river art work at that point.

Don't forget to increment the map's internal version number if you make changes. Otherwise the program won't be able to recognize and warn if players are using different maps in a network or PBEM game. Which would eventually cause the movement and combat results to go out of sync.

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Map 350c has now been modified as per the suggestions in this thread. If there are nay further prolems and/or suggestions, let me know.