Map Production dialog

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Map Production dialog

In the map production dialog the two values Width and Height, both in meters, are these based on the distance from the Lat and Long point or the X, Y UTM grid point values?

Hence from above question then, if based on the UMT values these distances are measured along the appropriate grid lines I assume?

Silly questions possibly, but I am just trying to clear up some odd height values.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The height and width are in 10s of meters.

They are measured in the X,Y of the UTM grid system. Any measurement in the lat-long system would be (a) on the wrong X and Y axes (the before-alpha-rotation axes) and (b) be in arc seconds rather than meters.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The height and width are in 10s of meters.

They are measured in the X,Y of the UTM grid system. Any measurement in the lat-long system would be (a) on the wrong X and Y axes (the before-alpha-rotation axes) and (b) be in arc seconds rather than meters.
Well that is what I thought and had been working on.

I know this sounds pedantic as a question/issue, so I gather then that means the width and height is taken/based from from the UTM grid value provided in the X & Y boxes?

In that map I sent to get the map grid and the game generated grid to come close I have to adjust the entered XY values as pointed out elsewhere in another thread.
If I don’t do this the two displayed grids, game grid and the one on the contour map, do not correlate properly.

BUT
If you look at that map cultana2 I sent.
On the righthand side very close to the scroll bar many of the elevations are way out, eg 500+ when it should be about 10 or 0, cf the actual map.
Now this is occurs in the AATF Power Tool kit, with patch applied to AATF.

This just seems that tthe map is in place but the underlying elevatiosn are missing, ie not being picked up.

If I use TSATC PowerTool Kit, (with all patches applied), there is no problem.

Cultana1 & 2 were built with the TSATC PowerTool Kit.

Last edited:

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is really odd. The code is exactly the same. There has been no change to the map-generation engine from TSATC to AATF.

If you are not seeing an east-west correlation between the terrain features on the ATF map and terrain features on your paper map, your m/s value is wrong. If both north-south and east-west correlation is wrong, your alpha value is wrong.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Alpha is -25 mils or -1.4 degrees straight off the bottom of the map.

m/s come out at 25.95 and that was done using several different readings of measurement all generating the same result.

Also see email as I seem to be getting some really strange issues with AATF Took kit.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Alpha is -25 mils or -1.4 degrees straight off the bottom of the map.

m/s come out at 25.95 and that was done using several different readings of measurement all generating the same result.

Also see email as I seem to be getting some really strange issues with AATF Took kit.
Well after a few just now I get the followimg for the m/s

7779m for 5 arc mins = 25.93m/s
7785m for 5 arc mins = 25.95m/s
So at best a mean of 25.94 m/s
I have had more resuts of measurement of 7785m than other readings.

For the alpha value I took the 1.4 degree value and converted it to mils as 1.4 deg does not equal 25 mils = 24.889mils which is the actual value used.

The main worry if you want to call it one is the funny readings of elevation I get in the AATF power tool kit vs the TSATC tool kit.