Map Overlays?

RobAPol

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi All,
Just bought the game and it's arrived. Plays pretty well and produces expected results, which is cool as some games like ATF seem to be a little skewed in their expected combat results (IE 4 M1's frontal armour on, vs 1 dug in BMP at 500 mtrs, BMP gets the first kill!??!). Are any of the solo scenarios included that have map overlays? As far as I can tell only the multiplayer maps have this?

The reason I ask, is that although the overlays are there to enable a player to place command markers on the map, it would be really cool to use maps with real terrain as an overlay, whether this be a standard miltary tactical map or aerial photo.

Doing this would achieve an affect similiar to POA2 and give the commander a 'real-life' map view and thus enhance emersion.

Thanks
RobP

India 51B

Reaction score
Country
ll
Just as a matter of interest, may I ask you how long it took for your copy of the game to arrive, as we are in the same country and I have just ordered a copy :D

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RobAPol said:
Are any of the solo scenarios included that have map overlays? As far as I can tell only the multiplayer maps have this?
The solo play maps don't have any real world map overlays. Those are the very oldest maps in TacOps and they are totally fictional. When they were done, the users had not yet talked me into doing interpretations of real world terrain.