Map board storage??

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I should maybe switch to totes.

I'm now in ring binders and page protectors, but there is simply so much material now that the weight of the binders/protectors alone is kinda substantial.

[Cardstock in page protectors maybe doesn't get enough air, either. That can accelerating paper aging. There's already a mustiness to them I don't like.]

Thanks for the idea.

I used this method and have been undoing it after years of ASL. I'm using manila folders and milk crates I got from organizer store. They are heavy when full, but takes up a whole lot less space than the binders did!

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I used this method and have been undoing it after years of ASL. I'm using manila folders and milk crates I got from organizer store. They are heavy when full, but takes up a whole lot less space than the binders did!
Re milk crate file holders, Good idea. That would "breath" better than stuff in lidded plastic file folder boxes, too.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I like the idea of keeping the boards flat, I like the binder/page protector method better to minimize handling of the boards as you have to dig down to the bottom of the pile to pull out the board(s) you need. @olli 's aluminum beauties seem to comprise the best of both worlds but the cost of shipping to the U.S. on top of the cost of the item itself (which seems like high quality and justifiable) makes it prohibitive for me right now. In the meantime, I'll have to settle for binders and page protectors.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Another option, which I am currently in the process of moving to is cancelled cheque boxes. They are 4"H x 9"W x 24"L. With a bit of padding the standart boards should fit nicely. Here is the link to Staples in Canada for info.
For the Fort style boards this may work, but I haven't picked one up yet to confirm.
Good luck.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another option, which I am currently in the process of moving to is cancelled cheque boxes. They are 4"H x 9"W x 24"L. With a bit of padding the standart boards should fit nicely. Here is the link to Staples in Canada for info.
For the Fort style boards this may work, but I haven't picked one up yet to confirm.
Good luck.
I'm using something similar for the flat boards.

But mine are for canceled checks. :)
Bankers Box Stor/File Basic Duty Storage Boxes, Check Size, White/Blue, 12/Carton (00706) | Staples

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I would post pics here but the file size as always is to small to post pics , now instead of using A3 display books I am now planning on doing the same sort of thing in Aluminium that I did for the two boards

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I would post pics here but the file size as always is to small to post pics , now instead of using A3 display books I am now planning on doing the same sort of thing in Aluminium that I did for the two boards
But you do know, that Ynkelonium-Terkonit eclipses Aluminium in style?
Except for the color, that is...

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Damn and here was me thinking of using sheet Tungsten!

Better think of Tungsten dice. At 500 USD, the set is a real steal (from your pocket, that is...).
For two six-sided dice, you'd need two sets, though.

On the bright side:
If you throw these dice against the wall (or anything) in anger, it'll be the wall which will give in.
Throw them fast enough and they'll penetrated the real world variant of the tank the cardboard version of which gives you fits in the game.

von Marwitz