Manziel

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What does everyone think of this kid?

He's a gamer for sure, but I don't like the way he conducted himself yesterday, especially the way it looked like he appeared to brush off his coach.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

He's a gamer for sure, but I don't like the way he conducted himself yesterday, especially the way it looked like he appeared to brush off his coach.
A little sh*t who hasn't been taught to deal with the lime light and headed for a huge fall. Basically the Lindsey Lohan of College Football. He hasn't done anything to endear himself to fans or likely his teammates either. My guess is that his PR people will have him adopting some kid's cause in a nearby hospital before the season is out.

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He's one of the best quarterbacks out there, and he'll lead his team to the championship game. He knows how to play the game of football, but he's not going to play the NCAA "game" or even the "rah-rah-I'm-just-a-boy-in-college-what-should-I-do-now-coach game"...which pisses a lot of people off.

Not that I'm a big fan of his...my Razorbacks play him on the 28th, and I'm hoping that Flowers knocks him out of the game on his 4th sack or so...but Manziel is a refreshing change from the usual marijuana addicts populating the teams these days.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He's acts way more celebrity then he is football player, that crap is gonna get old to his team/coach. I don't doubt Rice was taunting him because they were losing. The mark of maturity will be does he become more like a football player and less spring break celebrity as he ages, otherwise he will be Ocho Cinco as a ball chucker.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

I think that the fact that his teammates did not elect him as one of the two team captains says everything you need to know about "Johnny Football".

The sooner A&M gets rid of this cancer the better.

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
His stats say everything I need to know about him. Everything else is BS. Of course, modern sports journalism has de-evolved into some kind of Lifetime Channel feel-bad-feel-good-cuz-the-game-itself-is-irrelevant soap opera, and it's apparently taking a lot of people along for the ride....so, I'm not surprised that a lot of people hate him for reasons that have little to do with what he does with the football.