Manila questions

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Concerning the steel walled buildings - can they be entered by an AFV? Are they treated as stone buildings in this case?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
How does the water terrain in hex 4H50 affect unit performance?
It doesn't....

17.1 PALM TREES: Palm trees are represented by two to four leafy symbols (EX: V7; 2H5) and are treated as Palm Trees (G4.) in all respects, as is the 4H50 swimming pool.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Concerning the steel walled buildings - can they be entered by an AFV? Are they treated as stone buildings in this case?
SF:M 4.6 ".....Multihex steel-walled buildings are Factories." The single hex ones are enterable just like a stone building with no cellar. These buildings were used for ordnance repair/assembly and for PT boat maintenance.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 22230

How does the water terrain in hex 4H50 affect unit performance?
Looks to me as if it's a Pond (B23.13) with Palm Tree hinderance but perhaps the short explanation in SF17.1 just defines it as Palm Trees combined with Shellholes and a wall. Further clarification would be nice however based simply upon the depiction.

rshurtz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CG1 Questions/confirmation.

1. Which hexes are considered north of the river in regards to the eastern part of Map2? Specifically, where would the Japanese reinforcements enter?

1. Confirming that Amphibians can not utilize the Pasig River, only the 1 hex wide Esteros north of the river are in play correct?
  2. In the initial Japanese OB does I4+DCx6(total) mean the full strength RG gets 3 more DCs than normal for a total of 6?
  3. Can the Americans purchase an Off board observer/ Pre Registered hex for the OB given OBA module?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CG1 Questions/confirmation.

1. Which hexes are considered north of the river in regards to the eastern part of Map2? Specifically, where would the Japanese reinforcements enter?
View attachment 22245

1. Confirming that Amphibians can not utilize the Pasig River, only the 1 hex wide Esteros north of the river are in play correct?
  2. In the initial Japanese OB does I4+DCx6(total) mean the full strength RG gets 3 more DCs than normal for a total of 6?
  3. Can the Americans purchase an Off board observer/ Pre Registered hex for the OB given OBA module?
Thanks in advance
  1. There are several esteros which flow into the Pasig River. The northern edge of the river runs through the following hexes....A7-2D8-2E7-2F8-2P9-2X4-2Z4-3A4-3H4-3I4-3X12-3Z13-3Z23-4I27-4N26-4T29. CG uses all locations north of that line of hexes. Amphibians may use the esteros.
  2. Stated in the CG Japanese OB....6 total DC's.
  3. See US Reinforcement Group Chart notes "o" and "p".
2)

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SF4.41 ENTRY/STACKING: …Infantry may enter/exit the SF Cellar level only via a Stairwell, Manhole, or a "connecting" Trench (SSR SF6) or Tunnel (B8.61).

SF4.42 All Trench "connections" (SSR SF6), Manholes, and Tunnel entrances/exits "open into" only the SF Cellar level if it exists in that hex…

I have looked at all the buildings on all the maps and I do not see any manholes located in the buildings. Are we to assume all the cellars hexes have manholes?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SF4.41 ENTRY/STACKING: …Infantry may enter/exit the SF Cellar level only via a Stairwell, Manhole, or a "connecting" Trench (SSR SF6) or Tunnel (B8.61).

SF4.42 All Trench "connections" (SSR SF6), Manholes, and Tunnel entrances/exits "open into" only the SF Cellar level if it exists in that hex…

I have looked at all the buildings on all the maps and I do not see any manholes located in the buildings. Are we to assume all the cellars hexes have manholes?
See map 1....Justice Courts building inside Fort Santiago.....manhole in the cellar.

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The northern edge of the river runs through the following hexes....A7-2D8-2E7-2F8-2P9-2X4-2Z4-3A4-3H4-3I4-3X12-3Z13-3Z23-4I27-4N26-4T29. CG uses all locations north of that line of hexes.
Should this be "2P8"?

Thanks

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See map 1....Justice Courts building inside Fort Santiago.....manhole in the cellar.
OK, you got me. Don't know how I missed that. Especially with all those dotted lines leading from one manhole to the other to highlight them. But is that it!? Just the one?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
OK, you got me. Don't know how I missed that. Especially with all those dotted lines leading from one manhole to the other to highlight them. But is that it!? Just the one?
Yes, that is the only one, IIRC - but that's why the rule needs to say "Manhole".

When I first proofed that rule, I was just about to suggest "Manhole" could removed (the rules text comes from other HASL rules), when I realized this special way into the Intramuros.