Manila questions

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. I discovered a missing rules page and emailed them. I got a shipping notification first thing the next morning. I then found one of the scenario cards had a tear on it that doesn't affect any of the printing so I'll just live with it as I don't want them to incur extra cost for a purely cosmetic issue.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but "is there a way to tell what preorder number I am for Manila?" Preordered in early February. Would like to have a sense as to where I am in the queue (don't we all). Lol. I'm sitting at home in Pittsburgh with COVID and nothing to do (Pens got eliminated and the Pirates suck) - would love to be clippin' some counters! Thanks. :)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but "is there a way to tell what preorder number I am for Manila?" Preordered in early February. Would like to have a sense as to where I am in the queue (don't we all). Lol. I'm sitting at home in Pittsburgh with COVID and nothing to do (Pens got eliminated and the Pirates suck) - would love to be clippin' some counters! Thanks. :)
Hope your recovery is complete and speedy.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I received my copy the other day. I looked at the Map of Manila in the US Army Green Books. How much research is left of Fort McKinley and Nichols Field? Could that be another HASL?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I received my copy the other day. I looked at the Map of Manila in the US Army Green Books. How much research is left of Fort McKinley and Nichols Field? Could that be another HASL?
The fighting around Nichols Field is part of another project that has been in the works for 15 years....

afgur

Reaction score
First name
Alan
Country
llUnited States
Hello all

Got my copy of S&F, great looking project. Map is awesome and BIG. I had read it was about 6' x 6' and thought that's big. But when I laid it out, on the floor, I SAW how big and the enjoyment that awaits. GOOD JOB. As I was putting pieces away, I noticed an inconsistency with 2-4-8 engineer half squad BPV. In a previous release of same type HS the BPV was 1 higher, S&F's is the same as regular 2-4-8 HS. Not a big deal since BI not used, just sharing.

Again, great product. Thank you for your work.

Alan

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
As I was putting pieces away, I noticed an inconsistency with 2-4-8 engineer half squad BPV. In a previous release of same type HS the BPV was 1 higher, S&F's is the same as regular 2-4-8 HS. Not a big deal since BI not used, just sharing.
Normally only the BPV of the AE squad is increased by one - not the HS. The 2-3-8 HS AE in Journal 9 (IIRC) indeed has a BPV+1, but that is the only one. So this "change" was intentional, IIRC.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
SF 9.22 Intramuros Gates "....only infantry and small/very small vehicles may enter a Gate Location....." Does this mean a GUN cannot set up on the road portion? (albeit it won't be emplced). By extension you cannot push/mandled a gun through the gateway...b/c a Gun is not a small/very small vehicle. ?????

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SF 9.22 Intramuros Gates "....only infantry and small/very small vehicles may enter a Gate Location....." Does this mean a GUN cannot set up on the road portion? (albeit it won't be emplced). By extension you cannot push/mandled a gun through the gateway...b/c a Gun is not a small/very small vehicle. ?????
That is not what that rule means; it is referring to units.
Guns and SW can be portaged, pushed, or towed into a Gate and may set up therein.