Manila questions

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
"If" it occurs, and it does not happen often, both sides are in HtH CC/Melee at start.
Sarge, this is an errata then so others dun have to ask the same question? Or is that already in the rules?

(Whether it's "likely" doesn't seem relevant to the discussion)

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario SF20 Through the Breach, Into the Fire - Setup question

Japanese set up "on/west of hexrow 2M..." and the Americans set up "on/west of hexrow 2L..."

Is this correct? It seems like the Americans should be "on/east of hexrow 2L" as the Intramuros wall is to the east in hexrow 2N...the scenario title and description make it sound like the scenario is recreating the break into Intramuros from the east with the drive moving towards the west ("...began moving through the breach in the east wall.").

My brain is pretty addled from grad school, so it could just be brain-fade on my end.

Semper Fi!
Scott

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Japanese set up "on/west of hexrow 2M..." and the Americans set up "on/west of hexrow 2L..."

Is this correct? It seems like the Americans should be "on/east of hexrow 2L" as the Intramuros wall is to the east in hexrow 2N...the scenario title and description make it sound like the scenario is recreating the break into Intramuros from the east with the drive moving towards the west ("...began moving through the breach in the east wall.").

My brain is pretty addled from grad school, so it could just be brain-fade on my end.

Semper Fi!
Scott
Should read - "Japanese set up in locations numbered >= 19 on/west of 2M. Americans - Set up in Locations numbered <=17 in hexrows 2A - 2L. US reinforcements enter along east edge.
Basically you have one US force already in the northern part of Intramuros with more guys joining in from the east. Japanese are already inside Intramuros.
Will notify Perry to add a sticky note to fix it.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a close look at the scenarios in Wayne's unboxing video. They look really interesting, a fine selection with some pretty big ones too. One thing that I would yearn for is a monster scenario, a bit like The Last Bid for RB. Sarge (or anyone else for that matter) would you be interested in doing such scenario for future release in a Journal?
Purposely did not design a Monster scenario for Manila since most players would never have time for it. Those who would have the time can play the CG's.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Purposely did not design a Monster scenario for Manila since most players would never have time for it. Those who would have the time can play the CG's.
When it comes to ASL a lot of players are willing to invest time! The thing is a monster scenario would fit in between the time scale of a normal scenario and a CG. You must know how popular monster HASL scenarios are. Like The Last Bid or Men Of Steel. Heck people even play those two combined. But of course the choice is yours.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Basically you have one US force already in the northern part of Intramuros with more guys joining in from the east. Japanese are already inside Intramuros.
To me it looks like that is what the setup instructions say now.....

Japanese - inside the Intramuros - on/south-of hexes numbered 19:
Elements of Central Force and 1st Naval Battalion [ELR: 4] set up on/west-of hexrow 2M in hexes numbered ≥ 19:

U.S. - inside the Intramuros - on/north-of hexes numbered 17:
Elements of 1st Battalion, 145th Infantry Regiment, 37th Infantry Division [ELR: 4] set up on/west-of hexrow 2L in hexes numbered ≤ 17: {SAN: 3}

U.S. Reinforcements:
Enter on Turn 2 along the east edge:

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When it comes to ASL a lot of players are willing to invest time! The thing is a monster scenario would fit in between the time scale of a normal scenario and a CG. You must know how popular monster HASL scenarios are. Like The Last Bid or Men Of Steel. Heck people even play those two combined. But of course the choice is yours.
There's your answer....combine two of the scenarios taking place in the same area, combine the OB's and VC's and have at it.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Semper Fi!
Scott
This is correct, since the Japanese set up in hexes numbered ≥ 19 while the Americans set up in hexes numbered <=17.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is correct, since the Japanese set up in hexes numbered ≥ 19 while the Americans set up in hexes numbered <=17.
Yo soy menso...lo siento...it was a case of me misreading the "<_ " in the American setup as ">_"...my mistake entirely.

Despite my Mom constantly calling me son, sometimes I do not feel very bright. :mad::censored::LOL:🤣

Semper Fi!
Scott

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sarge, this is an errata then so others dun have to ask the same question? Or is that already in the rules?

(Whether it's "likely" doesn't seem relevant to the discussion)
You are correct that H-t-H would require errata to this.
There is no errata for this.
Ergo, any Melee (which would be unlikely) does not start H-t-H.

GamerGeek

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all,

Thanks to all those who made this Module possible, it looks amazing!

Question as to CG Game V Special Rules. CGV.1 states that Japanese Reinforcements enter on west edge/ and /or setup in Intramuros on T3.

I assume this is only for the CPP purchased RG's?

And what about Gun (G) sections purchased with these specific CPP? Are they restricted via CGV.1 as well, or do they setup as per SSR CG11. Assume its the later, but I was not totally sure.

Thanks, cant wait to start this beast!

BB

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

Thanks to all those who made this Module possible, it looks amazing!

Question as to CG Game V Special Rules. CGV.1 states that Japanese Reinforcements enter on west edge/ and /or setup in Intramuros on T3.

I assume this is only for the CPP purchased RG's?
The key word in the previous statement is "reinforcements". The Initial Scenario given OB forces may set up anywhere within the Japanese Perimeter Area.
And what about Gun (G) sections purchased with these specific CPP? Are they restricted via CGV.1 as well, or do they setup as per SSR CG11. Assume its the later, but I was not totally sure.
CG V setups are a little tricky. Wanted to eliminate as much non-hisotrical set ups by both sides as possible while still keeping several options available, especially for the Japanese. Here goes...
The Japanese Purchased RG's

1. may setup in any non-Isolated Locations within their Perimeter, except I and HW RG's must pay 1CPP more per RG to do so. If they don't pay the extra CPP they must enter along the west edge.
  2. may enter anytime along the west edge, south of the Pasig River at no additional CPP cost.
  3. may set up within Intramuros, including atop the walls, in the stairwells, and in the Gates on Turn 3 of the Date of Purchase at no additional CPP cost.
The intent was to allow Japanese "G" RG's to either enter from offboard (in tow, that's why they have truck RG's) or to set up on board normally (including HIP).

Hope that helps.

Thanks, cant wait to start this beast!

BB

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Can't wait until people actually start playing this module and give us some AARs.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are there any wooded buildings/wooden rubble hexes, or are hexes like 2E20 and 2F18 a lighter colored stone?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are there any wooded buildings/wooden rubble hexes, or are hexes like 2E20 and 2F18 a lighter colored stone?
All stone buildings/rubble are a definite grey color (EX: 2E25 and 2G28). Wooden buildings/rubble are an off-brown color (EX:2F18 and 2F20). Adobe is a reddish color (EX: 2G22 and 2D24). Multi-material are a brown building with a grey outline (EX: 2H19) When rubbled they are stone rubble (EX: 2G21).

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question-

The dotted lines around the parks, and other green spaces, what are they? Just showing the park boundary?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question-

The dotted lines around the parks, and other green spaces, what are they? Just showing the park boundary?
Yes. Originally had them a different shade of green but Tom felt it was better to make the base color all the same.