Manila on Preorder

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please make sure to increase the SMC fonts and that the counter sheet color tones match with Yanks and the soon to print Rising Sun. The British I just got in For King & Country last month have so many different colored uniforms they are having an identity crisis, they don't know what nation they belong to.

Last edited:

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just asked my FLGS Black Lion Games in Edinburgh if they can get a copy in for me, I'm kind of doubting it though as they haven't really been able to get any ASL in for years. I usually go straight to the excellent Second Chance Games for any and all ASL related goodies but I just wanted to throw something out to Black Lion as I hadn't bought anything from them for ages and ages (except for Knights of the Dinner Table magazines that is). They might put it on special order which means I might never get a copy as the last special order I put in (a while ago) for Lock N Load's World at War 85 took over 6 months to get enough orders in for it to actually get delivered

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Kudos for wanting to support your local business but sometimes it doesn't really work out.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Kudos for wanting to support your local business but sometimes it doesn't really work out.
Yeah, agreed, I've been going to Black Lion for years and they are a great shop. It's just a pity that they can't seem to get any ASL in anymore

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thought some might be interested to know that there are five rules sections in the ASLRB that do not normally get a lot of use, but you will be using all of them quite a lot in the Manila HASL. They involve Kindling (B25.11), DC's (G1.425, G1.612, G1.6121, and G1.613). Of special note is the prevalence of the use of the last sentence of G1.425.....Japanese setting off a DC in their own location. Never saw any of these used very much until we started playing Manila. Kinda fun actually. There is also a special rule that allows a Japanese MMC to declare a DC C/C attack in leiu of a normal C/C attack....he gets eliminated and his location is subject to a 30fp HE attack. Tends to keep those aggressive G.I.'s at bay in close quarters.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thought some might be interested to know that there are five rules sections in the ASLRB that do not normally get a lot of use, but you will be using all of them quite a lot in the Manila HASL. They involve Kindling (B25.11), DC's (G1.425, G1.612, G1.6121, and G1.613). Of special note is the prevalence of the use of the last sentence of G1.425.....Japanese setting off a DC in their own location. Never saw any of these used very much until we started playing Manila. Kinda fun actually. There is also a special rule that allows a Japanese MMC to declare a DC C/C attack in leiu of a normal C/C attack....he gets eliminated and his location is subject to a 30fp HE attack. Tends to keep those aggressive G.I.'s at bay in close quarters.
Sounds nasty!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes.....a couple of the playtesters forgot about that SSR and went in charging with two squads or more into a hex with a Japanese halfsquad carrying a DC. Boom Baby!. Those US playtesters learned quickly.. :)
Well if you don't learn from that.......🙄😉🤣

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is also a special rule that allows a Japanese MMC to declare a DC C/C attack in leiu of a normal C/C attack....he gets eliminated and his location is subject to a 30fp HE attack. Tends to keep those aggressive G.I.'s at bay in close quarters.
So it's a CC 30 FP Infantry attack version of an AFV SN CC close defense weapon system attack. Same mechanics I am guessing.....

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Usable vs AFVs in CC too? Is allowed to create DC hero to do this?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So it's a CC 30 FP Infantry attack version of an AFV SN CC close defense weapon system attack. Same mechanics I am guessing.....
Sort of.....as long a the US unit does not get Ambush and eliminate the Japanese unit outright, the Japanese unit (if it survives) can declare the CC DC attack where he is automatically eliminated but attacks that location with a 30fp attack. If the US gets Ambush and eliminated the Japanese uit first no CC DC attack can occur.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Usable vs AFVs in CC too? Is allowed to create DC hero to do this?
You could use it to attack an AFV in CC, but why would the Japanese MMC not first try to create a DC hero while the US AFV was moving before it entered his hex? If he declares a CC DC attack in his hex he is automatically eliminated.....something to consider.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
No date on publication ?
I think it's pretty safe to assume it's going to be awhile, from the product page:

Preorder Note: Due to the size and nature of this product, we'e putting it on preorder before it is print-ready to assure the validity of its sales before further investing in the high cost of development and printing required for its completion. Depending on how preorders progress, there may (or may not be) a lag in final production after it hits its 950 preorders, but the sooner it hits, the sooner it will come out.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think it's pretty safe to assume it's going to be awhile, from the product page:

Preorder Note: Due to the size and nature of this product, we'e putting it on preorder before it is print-ready to assure the validity of its sales before further investing in the high cost of development and printing required for its completion. Depending on how preorders progress, there may (or may not be) a lag in final production after it hits its 950 preorders, but the sooner it hits, the sooner it will come out.
It looks like a reallty good HASL, a Pacific city fight, definitely something different

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like a reallty good HASL, a Pacific city fight, definitely something different
If you think fighting the Japanese in jungle and caves is tough, wait til you try to dig them out of fortified buildings and cellars while they shoot at you from upper building levels and even rooftops.....and THH's popping up from adjacent locations is a very common occurrence, so watch your AFV's.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Considering that Map Bundle II took 3+ years to get within spitting distance of reaching pre-order #, a little patience is is order for
a HASL that took less than 3 weeks to reach it's pre-order #.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems like it was going to hit its preorder number. What is the lead up time organize printing?