Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

He was "Cleto" to HST....

Interesting to see Desmond Doss' name on there as well, the feller from Hacksaw Ridge.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last weekend we got in a playing of one of the scenarios from Manila, just for "old times sake". The number of unusual events in that one amazed me. An American M7 Priest got CH's on its first two shots, blowing away two Japanese positions opening the door to a swift advance down the left flank. An HIP Set DC went off in a stone building with an American 7-0 SMC and two 666 MMC's inside. 3KIA on the IFT. One American M8 Greyhound AC lived a charmed life. Both squads sent to protect it as it advanced were KIA in a fire attack and in CC. Isolated, the AC attempted to withdraw to safety. One THH charged but failed to eliminate the AC. A DC THH then charged but his DC rolled a "12". An HIP 20L AA gun got in a rear shot with ROF....effects DR's were "12", "12", "12". Japanese 100mm OBA landed adjacent to three stacks of US units in stone buildings and rubble. Effects DR's..."12", "2", "3". Two squads KIA, one squad sitting open mouthed wondering how they got so lucky. Japanese Sniper activated, rolls a "1" and of course his target hex contained the US 9-2 SMC who had stepped back one hex previously to get out of LOS of a Japanese .50cal HMG across the street. One US Sherman managed to move through two stone rubble hexes avoiding bogging, only to come out in a street hex where the Japanese player had placed his Buried Bomb. Flaming Wreck. One US HMG needed to go back to the factory. First shot, rolls a "12". Repairs. Next shot? "12". Repairs again. Moves to different location. Next shot? "12". Changes dice. Repairs. Next shot? You guessed it..."12". All of this in just 8 1/2 turns of ASL goodness. All we could do when it was done was shake out heads and say WTF just happened?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And Rising Sun is now "missing" a bigger number of preorders than Manila..... 😢
Unfortunately I predicted that five years ago when Chas Argent told me they wanted to put RS up again prior to Manila coming out. I do hope RS hits its #'s soon.....it is a great module, and necessary to play Manila. If you have not ordered RS yet, do so soon. If you procrastinate and it sells out it will be another ten years or so before it might get offered again.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And Rising Sun is now "missing" a bigger number of preorders than Manila..... 😢
What do you mean by missing? I cleared some duplicates a week or two ago, but I don't know of any deletions from our preorder numbers. Can you provide more details so I can investigate? Thanks!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What do you mean by missing? I cleared some duplicates a week or two ago, but I don't know of any deletions from our preorder numbers. Can you provide more details so I can investigate? Thanks!
I think he just means RS has fallen behind in reaching its preorder number is all.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I think he just means RS has fallen behind in reaching its preorder number is all.
Sorry for my English. I mean that we are short of 60 preorders for Rising Sun while for Manila we are short of (missing to reach the target) 36 preorders only.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sorry for my English. I mean that we are short of 60 preorders for Rising Sun while for Manila we are short of (missing to reach the target) 36 preorders only.
No need to apologize. Most of us native English speakers aren't much better than you. Some not as good as you!😉😉

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, just making sure you were not seeing something strange.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last weekend we got in a playing of one of the scenarios from Manila, just for "old times sake". The number of unusual events in that one amazed me. An American M7 Priest got CH's on its first two shots, blowing away two Japanese positions opening the door to a swift advance down the left flank. An HIP Set DC went off in a stone building with an American 7-0 SMC and two 666 MMC's inside. 3KIA on the IFT. One American M8 Greyhound AC lived a charmed life. Both squads sent to protect it as it advanced were KIA in a fire attack and in CC. Isolated, the AC attempted to withdraw to safety. One THH charged but failed to eliminate the AC. A DC THH then charged but his DC rolled a "12". An HIP 20L AA gun got in a rear shot with ROF....effects DR's were "12", "12", "12". Japanese 100mm OBA landed adjacent to three stacks of US units in stone buildings and rubble. Effects DR's..."12", "2", "3". Two squads KIA, one squad sitting open mouthed wondering how they got so lucky. Japanese Sniper activated, rolls a "1" and of course his target hex contained the US 9-2 SMC who had stepped back one hex previously to get out of LOS of a Japanese .50cal HMG across the street. One US Sherman managed to move through two stone rubble hexes avoiding bogging, only to come out in a street hex where the Japanese player had placed his Buried Bomb. Flaming Wreck. One US HMG needed to go back to the factory. First shot, rolls a "12". Repairs. Next shot? "12". Repairs again. Moves to different location. Next shot? "12". Changes dice. Repairs. Next shot? You guessed it..."12". All of this in just 8 1/2 turns of ASL goodness. All we could do when it was done was shake out heads and say WTF just happened?
Gotta check the headspace on the .50!