Manila on Preorder

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been convinced it's a cool product. I haven't put in a preorder because the announcement said "we're putting this product on preorder super early and have no intention of actually making it any time soon." I understand the value to MMP of doing that, but I have no real desire to play that game. And besides, I'd like to see what Hollow Legions looks like before dropping a big wad of cash of MMP--the lack of Croix de Guerre overlays has kinda put the fear of God in me.
What you're saying is, you need to know if the Jai Alai Building is in the game:

Yep :)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DON'T WORRY SARGE, I WON'T GIVE AWAY ALL THE GOOD STUFF. I'M GONNA KEEP HEX 4H50 CLOSE TO THE VEST. AND THEY'RE GONNA HAVE TO PRY 4I14-4I15 OUTTA MY COLD DEAD FINGERS.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a baseball diamond?
That would be in a "related" project I am doing for Bounding Fire Productions, that depicts the fighting in and around the baseball stadium, Olympic stadium, basketball gym, and the adjacent environs. That one has been on the table for over ten years, and has been play tested a lot. Hope to get it into the print queue within two years. We just finished another playing of the CG for that one last month. US won on last scenario, getting seven HE CH's that blew apart several key Japanese positions allowing US troops to gain access to the Olympic Stadium and gain the needed victory locations.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DON'T WORRY SARGE, I WON'T GIVE AWAY ALL THE GOOD STUFF. I'M GONNA KEEP HEX 4H50 CLOSE TO THE VEST. AND THEY'RE GONNA HAVE TO PRY 4I14-4I15 OUTTA MY COLD DEAD FINGERS.
But......could you resist if they bribed you with a cookie? THAT is the question. BTW - thanks for posting the photos. In the last one of the multiple set you can see how the US had to use HE rounds and DC's to "open" the Fort Santiago gate to gain entrance. These gates were all very small and narrow.....made to allow foot traffic and small horse-drawn carts......not really made for big tanks.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But......could you resist if they bribed you with a cookie? THAT is the question.
Well now I guess that depends, dunnit? I'm lookin' around here and I'm seein' no cookies. If I HAD cookies, then my resistance to Cookie Bribes would be greatly enhanced, but as it is, in this Cookieless State I'm in, WHO KNOWS.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

Is it written anywhere what units are involved in the scenarios/CG?

Thanks
As promised......here are the units involved in this HASL...

Americans
37th Infantry Division
129th Inf. Regt. 145th Inf. Regt. 148th Inf. Regt. 6th Field Artillery Batt. 135th Field Art. Batt. 136th Field Art. Batt. 140th Field Art. Batt. Divisional Cannon Company 37th Recon Company 117th Combat Engineers 754th Medium Tank Batt. 637th Tank Destroyer Batt.

1st Cavalry Division
1st Cavalry Brigade - 5th Cavalry Regt. / 12th Cavalry Regt. 2nd Cavalry Brigade - 7th Cavalry Regt. / 8th Cavalry Regt. 61st Field Art. Batt.
82nd Field Art. Batt. 99th Field Art. Batt. 271st Field Art. Batt. 8th Combat Engineers 302nd Recon Troop 44th Medium Tank Batt.

Japanese
Manila Naval Defense Force

Central Force - HQ Batt. (IJN)
1st Naval Batt. 2nd Naval Batt. 5th Naval Batt. Port Facility Defense Unit (Korean, Chinese, Formosan conscripts and laborers)
Base Defense Artillery Batt. Base Defense Rocket Artillery Batt. Base Defense AA Batt.

Noguchi Force (IJA)
2nd Provisional Batt. (w/attached Engineers) 3rd Provisional Batt. (w/attached Engineers) IJA Supply Batt. (Korean, Formosan, Chinese laborers) Rocket Artillery Batt. Misc. AA, Artillery, and AT units.

All other Japanese units assigned to sectors both north and south of the city, outside the scope of this HASL. Hope that helps.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My father was in the 37th. I’m not sure but I think was the 129th regiment. He told me about liberating the mint. They all filled their pockets with silver coins. But a Japanese counter attack made them all bury the coins due to their weight. He never went back to get them
Probably a good thing too.....the Treasury Building was so heavily damaged from artillery during the battle many of the interior floors collapsed down to the ground floor. On my last visit to Manila it was still there, condemned, and due for removal. Did your father know, or know of, PFC Cletus Rodriguez? He was in the 129th, received the MOH for his actions at the Paco RR Station in Manila, and was actually up for a second MOH for his actions at the Legislative Building in the city center. Always wondered if he survived the war. He was from Texas IIRC.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Probably a good thing too.....the Treasury Building was so heavily damaged from artillery during the battle many of the interior floors collapsed down to the ground floor. On my last visit to Manila it was still there, condemned, and due for removal. Did your father know, or know of, PFC Cletus Rodriguez? He was in the 129th, received the MOH for his actions at the Paco RR Station in Manila, and was actually up for a second MOH for his actions at the Legislative Building in the city center. Always wondered if he survived the war. He was from Texas IIRC.
Found info on Pfc. Cleto Rodriguez. Fought in Manila. Received the MOH. Survived the war. His fellow BAR man Pfc. Reese posthumously received MOH for his actions along with Rodriguez in Manila.

Private Cleto Rodriguez, U.S. Army Medal of Honor Series

Last edited:

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whatever you do...do not let out the details for hex 3J15. Oh my God....what would happen then?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Found info on Pfc. Cleto Rodriguez. Fought in Manila. Received the MOH. Survived the war. His fellow BAR man Pfc. Reese posthumously received MOH for his actions along with Rodriguez in Manila.

Private Cleto Rodriguez, U.S. Army Medal of Honor Series
Funny how some sources say Cletus and others say Cleto

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
As promised......here are the units involved in this HASL...

Americans
37th Infantry Division
129th Inf. Regt. 145th Inf. Regt. 148th Inf. Regt. 6th Field Artillery Batt. 135th Field Art. Batt. 136th Field Art. Batt. 140th Field Art. Batt. Divisional Cannon Company 37th Recon Company 117th Combat Engineers 754th Medium Tank Batt. 637th Tank Destroyer Batt.

1st Cavalry Division
1st Cavalry Brigade - 5th Cavalry Regt. / 12th Cavalry Regt. 2nd Cavalry Brigade - 7th Cavalry Regt. / 8th Cavalry Regt. 61st Field Art. Batt.
82nd Field Art. Batt. 99th Field Art. Batt. 271st Field Art. Batt. 8th Combat Engineers 302nd Recon Troop 44th Medium Tank Batt.

Japanese
Manila Naval Defense Force

Central Force - HQ Batt. (IJN)
1st Naval Batt. 2nd Naval Batt. 5th Naval Batt. Port Facility Defense Unit (Korean, Chinese, Formosan conscripts and laborers)
Base Defense Artillery Batt. Base Defense Rocket Artillery Batt. Base Defense AA Batt.

Noguchi Force (IJA)
2nd Provisional Batt. (w/attached Engineers) 3rd Provisional Batt. (w/attached Engineers) IJA Supply Batt. (Korean, Formosan, Chinese laborers) Rocket Artillery Batt. Misc. AA, Artillery, and AT units.

All other Japanese units assigned to sectors both north and south of the city, outside the scope of this HASL. Hope that helps.
Thanks, I appreciate it.