Manila on Preorder

Phillip

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just pre-ordered and was charged right away. That's fine but a bit of a surprise - is that the new policy?

Update:
From Chas on Facebook:

” "You are not actually billed during this process but may see this on your account as a “pending” transaction. After the authorization is confirmed, the pending transaction is voided and will drop off your account. Depending on your bank, this could take 24-48 hours." Your preorders are not actually charged (authorized and captured funds) until we are shipping the item. Your preorders are not actually charged (authorized and captured funds) until we are shipping the item."

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I will wait to see in secondchancegames have a better offer (shipping costs) for Alpine Yodler customers.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
My bet for his avatar is this:

In Jewish folklore, a golem (/ˈɡoʊləm/ GOH-ləm; Hebrew: גולם‎) is an animated anthropomorphic being that is created entirely from inanimate matter (usually clay or mud). The word was used to mean an amorphous, unformed material in Psalms and medieval writing.

Seems my assuption was a hit - see here.

von Marwitz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Indeed.
The golem of Prague.
He is activated by the word אמת 'emet (truth) and de-activated by erasing the א alef, with results in מת met (death).
Mary Shelley was inspired by the legend and wrote Frankenstein and the first mention of a robot (= worker in Czech, similar to A•rb•ei•t•er in German) was by a Czech writer.
Now back on thread topic...

Last edited:

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I placed my preorder, I noticed that it gave me two options for shipping...UPS 2-Day or USPS Ground...the price difference was only $0.06...I splurged and spoiled myself. :)

Semper Fi!
Scott

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What’s the preorder number at now. It was in the upper 300s when I ordered mine.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Manila: 481/950
RS: 430/525

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Manila is over 600 pre-orders now.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Unlless I am missing something I'm not sure but it is the actor James Cagney in the movie Mister Roberts. Pretty good flick actually.

Set in WWII but not really a war movie per se. Takes place on a Navy supply ship in the backwater of the Pacific. Good cast.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
My bet for his avatar is this:

In Jewish folklore, a golem (/ˈɡoʊləm/ GOH-ləm; Hebrew: גולם‎) is an animated anthropomorphic being that is created entirely from inanimate matter (usually clay or mud). The word was used to mean an amorphous, unformed material in Psalms and medieval writing.

Seems my assuption was a hit - see here.

von Marwitz
James Cagney is a golem? Or Navy officers? Although I could see officers as anthropomorphic beings. 🙄

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Hi Robin, sorry I didn't see your post. ActionJick has it right. James Gagney. The scene is when he finds his award (Major award!) is thrown overboard. He is in his PJs.. Great scene from a great movie. Jack Lemon is also great.
The sequel, Ensign Pulver, not too bad but IMO not anywhere near as good as Mister Roberts.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a reason for such a high pre-order number? It's almost double most of the other items on the pre-order list. I have no doubt it will hit the requirement, but it struck me as odd when it first went on the list to have such a high number. I don't think that has happened a lot in the past. If costs are going up and the higher number is needed to ensure the financial viability of the product, that's fine, but that probably means more of the same in the future.