Manila HASL - Good news, Bad news

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC wasn't that stuff banned for several years? Seem to recall reading something about that...
I think it was in Europe..
Yes. You could not buy it, or import it, for a long time. The FDA & the EU have termed it 'safe' now. The EU permitted it a bit before the US. When we passed through Germany, coming home from Iraq/ Afghan, you could buy a bottle but you couldn't open it until you were released on liberty in the States.

It is said to have cancer fighting abilities so I am drinking enough so that cancer can't get a hold anywhere. Just kidding...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes. You could not buy it, or import it, for a long time. The FDA & the EU have termed it 'safe' now. The EU permitted it a bit before the US. When we passed through Germany, coming home from Iraq/ Afghan, you could buy a bottle but you couldn't open it until you were released on liberty in the States.

It is said to have cancer fighting abilities so I am drinking enough so that cancer can't get a hold anywhere. Just kidding...
Sounds like a good plan!🤪🤪

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Marine observers were not the only persons critical of the Army tactic of taking an objective and then pulling back. The US Army tank crews were also critical because of this allowing the reintroduction of the small Japanese anti tank mines that disabled so many Shermans in this campaign. In contrast with the big German antitank mines in Europe which required extensive preparation as well as blowing a tank into pieces, these Japanese mines could be easily put into place in the ground. Tim

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
can't see me getting this at the moment as I need to use the money to buy the new Hollow Legions when it appears.
Would like to get a copy sometime though if I can

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have got my pre-order in the system. Still want to see the Italians come up for pre-order.
(Of course, I want to find the right six numbers as well)!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there an estimate on how many MMC counters you will need for this HASL?

Will Ollie be the only one to be able to play the CGs without using substitute counters?

Just asking for a friend.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there an estimate on how many MMC counters you will need for this HASL?

Will Ollie be the only one to be able to play the CGs without using substitute counters?

Just asking for a friend.
You will need one copy of "Yanks" and either "Code of Bushido" OR "Rising Sun". All the other MMC come with Manila.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
You will need one copy of "Yanks" and either "Code of Bushido" OR "Rising Sun". All the other MMC come with Manila.
That might explain the drop in preorders for RS. :cautious:

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Limited budget people must make their choices of what to get first, then see if they can get second choice.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am curious, how soon after release will the VASL maps be available? I am sure like most folks, VASL is my primary venue for playing nowadays. Plus if there are "two-mapper" scenarios, it just makes them more playable on VASL.

Thanks!
Bump. My hope is they are already created for playtesting. VASL is pretty much how I play ASL now, so if it takes a while for the map after it is released, I am less inclined to "hurry" pre-ordering. Am hoping someone has some intel on this.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bump. My hope is they are already created for playtesting. VASL is pretty much how I play ASL now, so if it takes a while for the map after it is released, I am less inclined to "hurry" pre-ordering. Am hoping someone has some intel on this.
The technical side of it is not hard and should not be the driver. Rather, it'll be MMP's call on when it gets OK'd to release.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am curious, how soon after release will the VASL maps be available? I am sure like most folks, VASL is my primary venue for playing nowadays. Plus if there are "two-mapper" scenarios, it just makes them more playable on VASL.

Thanks!
How about another bump? :) I've posted this a couple of times previously, but since there seems to be some "concerns" with size I will post it again.
Number of scenarios using just one map sheet = 13. Number of scenarios using two map sheets = 12. No scenarios use 3, 4, 5, or 6 maps. That only occurs in the CG's. CG 1 uses two mapsheets, CG 2 uses 4 map sheets. CG 3 is divided into two main phases.....Phase One uses two map sheets. Phase Two uses two map sheets. CG 4 uses two map sheets. CG 5 uses all six map sheets. So, no need for stretching your arms so they are ten feet long.......eight feet long will be sufficient. :)

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tom has a digital playtest map in the works....looks awesome BTW. As he stated it will be available when MMP gives the "go ahead" upon release of the actual product......hint hint hint......(only 125 more orders to hit the quota).