Manila HASL - Good news, Bad news

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received an update yesterday from Perry on the status of the Manila HASL. The good news is that things have progressed and it is in position to go up for pre-sell. The bad news is it will be delayed two to three weeks as MMP is totally updating their website including the ordering process. Perry says waiting to put Manila on the "new" website will prevent any ordering issues later on. Based on that I gave MMP the okay for the slight delay. Sigh........

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sarge, is there a rundown of what is included in the module, e.g., final number of and size/type of scenarios, CGs, counters, etc.? Any other intel?

Too, a "total update" of the MMP site is great to hear. Thanks!

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The final inventory for Manila is as follows.....twenty five scenarios, five campaign games, six map sheets, approximately four sheets of counters (more like 3 1/2 IIRC but Perry may have added a couple to fill out the final sheet). There should also be several player's aids included.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For a brief scenario breakdown......six infantry or infantry/guns only, nineteen combined arms. I would rate sizes as follows...small = 5, medium = 10, large = 8, extra large = 2. No scenarios with aircraft as MacArthur forbade the use of air support in the battle of Manila. Lots of OBA, guns, forts, even an amphibious river crossing. New terrain types. Lots to choose from.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
This is really good news. Thanks Sarge.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Three weeks at this point is pretty minor. Sounds like a huge package of ASL goodness.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Well that is a happy sign for 2021, I hope to actually play it with real dice later next year.

Happy New Year everyone, Vic.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
The final inventory for Manila is as follows.....twenty five scenarios, five campaign games, six map sheets, approximately four sheets of counters (more like 3 1/2 IIRC but Perry may have added a couple to fill out the final sheet). There should also be several player's aids included.
Holy Cannoli!

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Received an update yesterday from Perry on the status of the Manila HASL. The good news is that things have progressed and it is in position to go up for pre-sell. The bad news is it will be delayed two to three weeks as MMP is totally updating their website including the ordering process. Perry says waiting to put Manila on the "new" website will prevent any ordering issues later on. Based on that I gave MMP the okay for the slight delay. Sigh........

I'd classify this as great news and other news. A couple of weeks delay is nothing...

indy

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two to three weeks is nothing compared to its total history! Hey, do you know if I am given any playtester credit in the rules? Thanks!