Mangus out, Mangus' Revenge!

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For all of you that read the threads, mangus2000 was well nigh stopped in our previous battle. As I am a teacher at heart, and a gentleman, I proposed a grudge match to give him fair chance to settle this.

As his biggest weakness in the previous game was use of armor and mobility, I've set up a 1500 point assault of him (Germans) versus Me (British) in December '42.

To make this as challenging as possible for all parties, I have purchased NO, and I say again NO, mobility. That's right, no tanks, no sp guns, no jeeps, and no halftracks.

This battle I have christened Rommel 201 "The Gun Line", since the first one ended up being Rommel 101 "The Blitz". For me, I get a chance to try out the gun line as a defensive option against overwhelming force, and Mangus gets to try it out as the attacker that must break through.

My purchases are as follows:

4 6 pounder AT guns
2 25 pounder Howitzers (AT guns from Hell)
4 20mm AA guns
Several platoons of engineers
Barbed Wire
Trenches
AP mines
4 Vickers MGs
6 Bren LMGs

I plan to follow a straight up gun line defense, using heavily overlapping fields of fire on my AT guns and howitzers against his tanks, and my 20mm AA guns as direct fire tools against his infantry and halftracks.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think to be fair

You should have only one man....with a pee-shooter. :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :nuts: :laugh: :clown: :nuts: :laugh: :smoke:

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, do be realistic Numberz, Now what is a lone sniper going to do against roughly 2500 points worth of infantry and armor.

I would have done it, but Snipers don't get enough rounds.:cool:

BRO Sapper

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You should have only one man....with a pee-shooter. :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :nuts: :laugh: :clown: :nuts: :laugh: :smoke:
Hey numbers, why don't you tell Tac how are game with very similar parameters (no mobile units for me) went for you :laugh:

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or how mine is going against you Gary.

I am focusing on an Island Defense strategy for the game. The map has a large ridge on Mangus' side, with 3 decent hills on mine, arranged irregularly. The hills are in advance of the flags, however, and decently high, making them the one true defensive feature of my side of the field.

I have emplaced my 25 pounders in trenches (alleviating the problems from mine and Gary's game) along with an MG apiece. I will post a map tomorrow, possibly, if Mangus ever gets the first file back.