Making the road that goes off the map.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In using the draggable overlays, how does one make the road that goes off the map along a hex side? When I try to have a curved road in the hex prior to the last exit hexes you can't align the small straight portion from hex center to the exiting hex side. It keeps snapping either above or below the position I want it to be in.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I don’t know of a way (now I do) to make a visually appealing straight road like that. Usually people just drop the hex perimeter overlays to denote off-board hexes of interest.

Last edited:

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Actually I was just trying what I think you meant and it seems to work?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Alternate curvy version where one assumes VCA changes cost 0 (you only get so much border to work with if you don't lay down another board).

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try it by having the map with PTO Terrain in effect with no roads and draw a road from EE5-FF5 and then off at GG5/6. When I try to do it I cannot get the road to connect in FF5 to GG5/6, the straight piece will not snap correctly, it goes above or below it.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Try it by having the map with PTO Terrain in effect with no roads and draw a road from EE5-FF5 and then off at GG5/6. When I try to do it I cannot get the road to connect in FF5 to GG5/6, the straight piece will not snap correctly, it goes above or below it.
Long road in EE5, short road in FF5, long road off the side.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That works. Thanks. That little part sticking out past the curve will trigger my inner German, but I'll deal with it. ;)