Maine has a new ASL club

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is very good.

Consider instead of a circle, use a square (like a a ASL counter) and then instead of 8-1 Sgt. Smith...have it read "Insert Your Club Name Here."...e.g. "ASL Maniacs Club" or what have you will call yourselves and this name would be in the vertical plane like it is with SMC.

But you have the essence of the logo down pat, I think.

I can also see a case for the smaller legs grasping a pair of dice, or maybe having just tossed them, and they appear tumbling in the air just below the legs.

Nice work.

Last edited:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
so here is pic done by a RPG pal of mine.....View attachment 52235
Nice start...

Consider adding to the helmet in small letters "ASL" just below the 'bolt' in the shadowed portion of the helmet.

Perhaps the background behind the lobster could have a hexagon border and then "fill" of some ASL hex art...marsh? or maybe water (i.e. ocean), and instead of the hex ID of M3, one of the ocean overlays number 1001 or what have you...or your guys zip code (03904 e.g.).

The lobster might have a 'thought bubble' "Don't mess with ASL Maniacs" or some such to work in whatever your club name will be.

These are just ideas of course for you all to ponder on.

Nice job too.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The Greater Nova Scotia ASL Gaming Community Group Cabal objects to the use of the lobster as a symbol for Maine.

See you in court, fellas.
LOL: just ANOTHER example of the long and bitter lobster feud between Nova Scotia and Maine

BongoMarauder

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey all, I live in Orono and was interested in trying out ASL, are you guys open to new players joining?

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
the new Maine ASL club will be meeting at Chris' law office this Sunday. three games going so far

dachda

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Greater Nova Scotia ASL Gaming Community Group Cabal objects to the use of the lobster as a symbol for Maine.

See you in court, fellas.
Our group meets in the conference room of my law offices. So the club has an on-staff attorney ready to file a counter-claim. We will file to move the case to a Maine court, of course.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Our group meets in the conference room of my law offices. So the club has an on-staff attorney ready to file a counter-claim. We will file to move the case to a Maine court, of course.
Clearly a stall tactic. Everyone knows you can't get there from here. ;-)

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
the Maine ASL group is: Down East ASL (DEASL)

February meeting at Chris' office saw three games

Matt brought a friend and his stepdaughter who were interested in trying ASL so Ted and I ran them through a scenario

next meeting March 13th

View attachment 52631

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
the Maine ASL group is: Down East ASL (DEASL)

February meeting at Chris' office saw three games

Matt brought a friend and his stepdaughter who were interested in trying ASL so Ted and I ran them through a scenario

next meeting March 13th

View attachment 52631
Yep, buncha Mainers if I ever saw some.

Last edited: