Maine has a new ASL club

dachda

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you haven't been reading the Facebook page for ASL, you might not know that the newly formed ASL club for Maine had its first game day this past weekend. Three games played, two finished, one a Rally Point 3 player game ended early but with a likely Russian victory. I managed to squeak out a win against Ted Wilcox playing the French/Norwegians vs his Germans in G46 Triumph Atop Taraldsvikfjell. But I only won with a bit of luck in the last dice roll in the close combat phase of the last turn. The club is open to anyone in Maine or willing to travel here to play. I've set up a google group so everyone can post game requests and get info on the next meetings. PM me if you want to join up.

By the way we're looking for a name, so if you have any ideas post away!

View attachment 52159View attachment 52160View attachment 52161View attachment 52162

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This is awesome!!!!!!! Congrats:)

Do you take overseas members to your googlegroup? I love to be in touch generally. :)

Ideas for name : The Maine (Main) ASL club.
Da Maine Men

If you haven't been reading the Facebook page for ASL, you might not know that the newly formed ASL club for Maine had its first game day this past weekend. Three games played, two finished, one a Rally Point 3 player game ended early but with a likely Russian victory. I managed to squeak out a win against Ted Wilcox playing the French/Norwegians vs his Germans in G46 Triumph Atop Taraldsvikfjell. But I only won with a bit of luck in the last dice roll in the close combat phase of the last turn. The club is open to anyone in Maine or willing to travel here to play. I've set up a google group so everyone can post game requests and get info on the next meetings. PM me if you want to join up.

By the way we're looking for a name, so if you have any ideas post away!

View attachment 52159View attachment 52160View attachment 52161View attachment 52162

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whatever you come up with for a name, a lobster tossing a potato masher is the way to go for a logo. :) Preferably emulating the iconic ASL silhouette pose.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whatever you come up with for a name, a lobster tossing a potato masher is the way to go for a logo. :) Preferably emulating the iconic ASL silhouette pose.
Agree with Carl on the logo...

...names "Down East ASL Club" ... "Maniacs ASL Club"

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
it was a great day of ASL in MAINE! glad to finally have space and enough FANATICS to fill it up. Many thanks to Chris for getting us organized and a space to meet. looking forward to our next gathering. anyone in MAINE or willing to come to the coast is always welcome no matter the experience level.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
... "Maniacs ASL Club"
'Maniacs ASL Club' sounds perfect to go with YASL and the Bunker. Gets my vote (if indeed we're using a democratic process to decide.......)

BTW it was great hearing that getting the Maine ASL club together has come to fruition. Nothin' like an ASL club for camaraderie & fun!

Tom

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

aslbunker.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is freaking an awesome logo Tom, what do the Maineiacs think?

Great group of guys up there, amongst my best friends in the hobby, Vic.