Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Is that an ASL comfort pillow? I can see you clutching that as I drop 80mm rounds onto your troops in the sangars!
No, it just eases the pain of your haemorrhoids after sitting for a six hour ASL session.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty sure all the hot ladies in HK would scratch each others eyes out to get a chance for an evening with the HKWG should he show up at their door wearing that shirt.

Perhaps that was what the protests were all about. First lady to get a crack at you?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Pretty sure all the hot ladies in HK would scratch each others eyes out to get a chance for an evening with the HKWG should he show up at their door wearing that shirt.

Perhaps that was what the protests were all about. First lady to get a crack at you?
Oh yes, with two by fours

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Sitting here in Albany, Western Australia as the rain comes down and the temprature rises to a maximum of 10°C. Thinking about warm weather, hawker stall food, Tiger beer and ASL in Singapore in a couple of weeks.

So, I arrive in Singapore on Wednesday 24th July on Scoot Airlines, ETA Changi Airport 2330
Accommodation booked at the Fragrance Hotel Selegie

Any word on the battlefield tour on Thursday 25th July? Meeting point, timings etc.?

Cheers
Jon

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe Aaron was handling that, but got a bit busy. I will put together a 'pre-tournament' social night where we can have Indian Curry. Went to "Aromas of India" last week and it was quite good and reasonably priced. Khansama is also an option, but leaning towards "Aromas" now.

That would start at 18:30 to 19:00, Thursday and both are in Little India (on the blue/purple MRT lines).

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, as luck would have it, I'm going to be in Singapore the weekend of the tournament (have to visit our Singapore office, followed by a trip up to China, and was able to sandwich this in-between)...as this trip was going to mean I (and my son) would have to miss our semi-annual trip out to St Louis for ASL that weekend, this makes it somewhat better. ?

Is there still room in the tournament? I believe George and/or Aaron can vouch for my bona fides...I'm not too bad at this game (though the last scenario I played was at ASLOK) :p

Also, if you have a spare XXL t-shirt available, I could snap that up as well. Can bring payment (in S$ or US$) along with me when I get there, if that would work.

Thanks!
Mike Reed

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, as luck would have it, I'm going to be in Singapore the weekend of the tournament (have to visit our Singapore office, followed by a trip up to China, and was able to sandwich this in-between)...as this trip was going to mean I (and my son) would have to miss our semi-annual trip out to St Louis for ASL that weekend, this makes it somewhat better. ?

Is there still room in the tournament? I believe George and/or Aaron can vouch for my bona fides...I'm not too bad at this game (though the last scenario I played was at ASLOK) :p

Also, if you have a spare XXL t-shirt available, I could snap that up as well. Can bring payment (in S$ or US$) along with me when I get there, if that would work.

Thanks!
Mike Reed
Mister Reed, your reputation precedes you. No vouching necessary. I will give Will a headsup. Rgds Jack

PS Is this a registration for 2?

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mister Reed, your reputation precedes you. No vouching necessary. I will give Will a headsup. Rgds Jack

PS Is this a registration for 2?
Thanks, Jack...hope I can live up/down to that! :p

Just a reservation for one. Travis has to work all week back here in Chicago...

I'll be in town from Tuesday morning (the 23rd), staying out @ the Capri hotel near Changi (and my office...) through Sunday night. A bit of a cab/train ride from the venue, but the bill's paid...

Last edited:

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll be pretty much free (barring any emergencies, which I hope there are none) most evenings during the week, and from Thursday PM through Sunday. I fly up to Beijing on Monday morning.

Since I'm packing for two weeks' stay, including site work, I'll have minimal place to stash my kit - will likely bring the pocket RB and my V2 Rat Charts, maybe a copy of the scenarios/Hatten special rules. Boards/Counters will not be a possibility, so I'll have to be the 'away team' on my opponent's kit...

As far as team balancing, though I'm somewhat rusty (haven't played since ASLOK, and only a dozen scenarios overall in the past year), I've still got a pretty good hold on the game...any AREA rating is likely under-rating my play. You should likely put me on a different team than the other 'ringers' (the aforementioned Cleavin & Bates... ;)), though I'm in this more for the fun & camraderie (and novelty of playing ASL out of the USA) than any 'sharking'... :p

Do you have any 'big boy' size shirts still available (XXL)? Would like to get that 'keepsake' ?

lb4269

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
As far as team balancing, though I'm somewhat rusty (haven't played since ASLOK, and only a dozen scenarios overall in the past year), I've still got a pretty good hold on the game...
Hi, Mike. Mike Sexton here. I am living in Singapore and have recently signed up for this tournament. I may have played about twelve games in the last four years, so I am about as rusty as the Titanic at the bottom of the Atlantic at this point... ?

I have recently been getting schooling (schooled?) by Will Fleming, but I'm pretty sure I will be little more than a speed bump on most people's drive down the pike. It'll be my first time playing in any official ASL event, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know more members of the community and to to roll dice with some of the greats.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Two Great Features You Might Not Know about the Malaya Madmen
  1. There are only 2 scenario choices per round, so folks have more of a common platform to chew things over in the evenings.
  2. Folks are divided into 4 teams: individual performances will be rolled up into the team competition. That brings people closer together from all over.

Last edited: