Madmen Cometh, July 26-28 2019, Singapore

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Am looking to do a battlefield/site tour on the 25th. Sites to see

1. Kranji : First invasion by Imperial Space Marines coated in burning oil. (Everything true except space bit)
2. War memorial: Truly moving cemetry & memorial.
3. Kent Ridge: Opium Hill
4. Fort Siloso: pointed in wrong direction but Lots of big guns, and neat well preserved bunker system
5. Fort Canning : Geogrphic highpoint and nice WW2 period meuseum

All 5 in a day maybe a stretch

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Am looking to do a battlefield/site tour on the 25th. Sites to see

1. Kranji : First invasion by Imperial Space Marines coated in burning oil. (Everything true except space bit)
2. War memorial: Truly moving cemetry & memorial.
3. Kent Ridge: Opium Hill
4. Fort Siloso: pointed in wrong direction but Lots of big guns, and neat well preserved bunker system
5. Fort Canning : Geogrphic highpoint and nice WW2 period meuseum

All 5 in a day maybe a stretch
Having been to all 5, I can tell you that you will not fit them all into a single day. I'd been keen to do some of these sights again

Barring any unforseen circumstances, I will be attending this tournament in 2019 :)

Cheers
Jon

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Having been to all 5, I can tell you that you will not fit them all into a single day. I'd been keen to do some of these sights again

Barring any unforseen circumstances, I will be attending this tournament in 2019 :)

Cheers
Jon
I have gotten 4 done in 1 day, but fort Siloso alone deserves a good 3+ hours.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Finding locations like this in Singapore, Tokyo and other large, crowded cities in this region is a chore. Rental meeting space is usually a budget-buster. Public meeting spaces are reasonably priced, but come with limited hours (and often strings attached). Hotel meeting space is too valuable to be tied to the value of heads in beds as it is in North America. Hobby spaces like this one (and the place we had in '14) are a good target. We had less luck with them here, though. Common spaces in large condominium complexes can also work, but very often also have limits, and of course a resident needs to participate.

nathan brown

Infrequent Flyer
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Fiddlesticks. I would have made this one as its close to Perth - EXC: if I wasn't at a family holiday in the UK!

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi Guys..any good accomodation near the Venue? Btw what is the address of the venue?

Cheers

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Guys..any good accommodation near the Venue? Btw what is the address of the venue?

Cheers
Joe,

Glad to see you have some interest. Here is the address for "Swords and Stationary" where the tournament will be held. It is between the Bishan and Marrymount MRT stations on the Circle (yellow) line.

ONE PEMIMPIN, 1 PEMIMPIN DRIVE, #05-09, 576151

Google Maps Link

As for hotels, there are plenty in Singapore, but unfortunately nothing that is right next to the venue. Fortunately, nothing is too far away in Singapore, so there are still lots of good options!

Let us know your price range and if you are looking for someone to split costs with and we will do our best to help you out. Feel free to PM me here.