Maddog out of contact

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I will be going on vacation starting Friday. :cool: I will be out of the loop for two weeks as I pick RadBabe up from the airport in the morning.

If there are any pressing matters that require my attention please contact me ASAP and I will take care of it tonight. I will be updating the OPFOR Tournament page prior to my departure.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
She is asleep in the other room right now so I'm sneaking in a few minutes on the forums. She'll no doubt see this post at a later date and then I'll be in trouble. :smoke:

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Could be worse...it could be her sneaking off to post here, after you've rolled over and started snoring...

All the best, and happy holidays!

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
For anyone who might be interested here are a few of the things I have seen within the last few days.

1. The Residenz in Wurzburg. Built in 1720 this huge building host the work of Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, the largest fresco in the world adorns the vault of the main staircase.
2. The Nuermburg Chistkindle Market. Lot's of bratwurst, beer, and Christmas toys.
3. The Nuremburg Germnisches Nationalmuseum. Large and interesting museum with some very rare art from the medeival and middle ages. Has some really cool weaons that I've never seen before. You could spend several days in this place. I only saw about three hours worth.
4. The Walled City of Rothenburg. One of the only fully walled cities still standing in Germany. Lot's of tiny shops, Christmas stuff, food, and a little bit of history. Also has gluwein, a hot spicy wine which is a speciallty here. Tastes horrendous...
5. The Criminal Museum. This place is just scary. It's basically a display of various instruments of torture and punishment. Part of the display is just bizarre, but other parts are really disturbing. I guess it wasn't good to get in trouble back then!
6. St. Jacob's Church. Construction lasted from 1311 till its inaugeration in 1484. Includes the Alter of the Twelve Apostles and the Holy Blood Alter of Christ. A very old and impressive church that houses some of Germany's most precious artifacts.

I'm also planning to leave for Castle Neuschwanstein and Garmish within a few days. Germany's highest mountian is also nearby and I may take a trip up there.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Maddog
For anyone who might be interested here are a few of the things I have seen within the last few days.

4. The Walled City of Rothenburg. One of the only fully walled cities still standing in Germany. Lot's of tiny shops, Christmas stuff, food, and a little bit of history. Also has gluwein, a hot spicy wine which is a speciallty here. Tastes horrendous...
5. The Criminal Museum. This place is just scary. It's basically a display of various instruments of torture and punishment. Part of the display is just bizarre, but other parts are really disturbing. I guess it wasn't good to get in trouble back then!
I also have been to Rothenburg! It is beautiful, and I think that there is actually a WWII connection as to why the city was never bombed. Don't recall the specifics though.

While in Rothenburg, I also went to the torture museum. I had a similar reaction. I have a pretty big capacity when it comes to dealing with anything horrific (whether real or imagined), and I walked in thinking it would be a quaint little museum with some curiosities. I walked out very quiet :hush: