Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Before I upgraded to Big Sur, in the Mac general settings, I had "Open documents in new tab". This meant for example, when running the word processing software Pages, opening a second document would create a new tab for the second document in the existing application window.

I run VASL with the option "separate windows". I have a VASL Controls window, a Map window, a Server window, etc. When I open the Counter tray it gets a new window.

After upgrading to Big Sur (11.1) VASL behaves normally upon opening ( separated Control and Map window), but when I click the Counters button in the map window, it opens as a new tab in the Map window. Same thing happens with other buttons that I tried, like the draggable overlays, OBA, Info.

Of course, the work-around is to change the Mac general setting to "Open documents in new window".

I'm running VASSAL 3.4.12 with VASL 6.6.1 .

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You can set "Prefer tabs" to "Never" under System Preferences > General in Big Sur.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
You should set Preference-->Hardware-->Intel/PC and never look back. Thanks just work here in PC-land :p -- jim