Mac OSX version integrated into license now?

phil395

Reaction score
Country
ll
BFC has been very clear that they don't have any interest in getting hooked up with Steam or EA or a system like they use. However, there has been movement to a simplified installation/re-installation system, like the one that is already in place for CMBN with the 3.0 Upgrade.
Of all the DRM schemes out there, Steam is easily the best choice (although it is still a DRM scheme).
And it handles off-line use nicely, too.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Look every other game I still use I just have on a network drive and can use from any random computer in the house - one at a time. That's how I roll. It's 2015. I have more than one computer.

The only reason why that doesn't work for BFC and Matrix games is the stupid DRM.
Ive taken a different track and have less computers than I used to, with phones and tablets and everything else hooked to the internet, I find that I use a computer much less than I used to. We have gone from 3 PCs and one Tablet to 4 tablets, 4 Phones and a Mac.

Most of my friends have done similar and no one I know is thinking of replacing their PCs with a PC, laptops seem the most popular replacement.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's ridiculous. Telling us in advance whether plugging in headphones disables the game via DRM (it did) doesn't get anybody who wants to remove the entire DRM any further. It's no help.
Fortunately ( or maybe unfortunately ) you have no idea what you're talking about. And I say that with peace and love.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of all the DRM schemes out there, Steam is easily the best choice (although it is still a DRM scheme).
And it handles off-line use nicely, too.
EA is the worst for me. When I open up Dragon Age it takes forever connecting to their server before it launches the game. And if I walk away from the computer for a few hours and then go back it takes a very long time to reconnect before I can do anything. Plus I can't sell tye game when I finish it. I don't remember offhand if Steam is the same way, regarding reselling.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The laptop runs that CM thing, you know?
Of course I do know. I was commenting on the ongoing trend of homes not having PCs as their primary internet interface.

For the majority I think the trend is to access content with tablets and phones.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I think this may be the case now, that is cross platform something or another. I don't have any Apple products but I do have a IIG buried somewhere. So, check out @BF what exactly they are doing. I find it hard to pay attention to things that don't concern me...

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are correct, Nuttster. The license keys have been ambidextrous for a while but now the download links allow you to download both platforms. Or at least the one I just purchased for Peng did.