M-131 Mopms

Hub

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Major:

Could you add the M-131 MOPMS to the wish list?

Carry it like a transportable bomb, visible in the open from 50m or less. Give it a Build Minefield button like the Helo Mine Dispenser, etc, to launch mines on command, and/or the Set Time for "Detonation" (read "Launch Mines") Menu. It morphs from MOPMS to the standard TacOps mine icon after launch.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>Could you add the M-131 MOPMS to the wish list?

I already have but with no priority.

I add to the wish list just about everything that is ever suggested on my mailing list or on the forums that I frequent. I usually don't say anything unless there is a significant problem with a suggestion. Otherwise half of the messages would just be me saying "noted" followed by my signature. :)

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was thinking about this item recently. I had a PBEM game where Engineer units were included. I used the Soviet minelayer to lay mines to seal off the flanks in the valleys to a blue move to come around to my flanks or rear.

Another way to implement this, though I like the idea of carrying it like a bomb, is to make an infantry engineer unit and have this as a weapon like mines and line charges are. Rounds carried would be 1, but the unit could "resupply" if there was a logpack in a vehicle or using the standard resupply button etc.

Another way to do it if desired.