LV Bugs

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have they ever been fixed? I haven't touch this game in a long time due to unbearable frustration caused by LV. It was so bad, I decided to never buy a Matrix game again for fear of going through that pain again.

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HOLY COW!

It was loaded with em.

Like clockwork, on certain scenarios, the game will lock-up and on the other sceanrios the game would sometimes lock-up. Keep in mind that some of these scenarios are huge! Saving after each and every turn became a ritual. Quite often these lock-ups required a re-boot.

For more of the gorey details, see the Matrix Mega Camp board. http://www.matrixgames.com.

:cry:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LV Reasearch

SkyVon said:
HOLY COW!

It was loaded with em. :cry:
I remember the troubles as well. I have not played it much due to being so heavily involved in Combat Campaigns. I think some of this was addressed and there may be patches for it. Let me do some research and post it back here.

I hope it hasn't affected your enjoyment of SPWAW. Matrix has made huge strides in the game engine itself and Panzer Leo's Mod is an excellent work in it's own right. I think that the tweaking and patching of 1st couple of Mega Campaigns got left behind in the rush to keep SPWAW updated. Still, that is not the right answer for any gamer when $$$$ is involved.

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where can I find these mods? Will Warfare HQ have all the SPWaW files, patches, etc...?

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SkyVon said:
Where can I find these mods? Will Warfare HQ have all the SPWaW files, patches, etc...?
Check the "where can i get it" thread. I have listed the links for the full SPWAW 7.1 download and the SPWAWH2H Mod there.

We will probably not host any of the downloads BUT I will try to locate the places they can be gotten from and post them here. Maybe a thread with this information for each version (SPWAW, SPWH2Hfr, SPMBT, etc).

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is news to me, I've played many battles of the LV campaign, and have yet to have it crash on me one time???!!!! Did you apply the patches? I'm not seeing any problems at all.....

Warhorse

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How far are you into the game? I think the first major bug will hit about 1/2 way in. It's a large scenario where your defending a town on the west side of the map. Russian Counterattack...don't recall the name of the scenario.

And yes, I applied every patch available. I am far from alone in having problems with LV. In fact, you'll be in the tiny minority if you get through the game without a problem :(

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bummer, I'm not quite that far yet!!! Does it give any indication as to what's causing the crash? I mean have you noticed a certain unit maybe, or action that activates it? If so, let me know, I could try to see if maybe it's something I could fix?

I helped in the design of WAW, but not the MC's, but there are only so many things it could be, unless it's a bit of code, then I'm no help there!!

Warhorse

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Warhorse said:
Bummer, I'm not quite that far yet!!! Does it give any indication as to what's causing the crash? I mean have you noticed a certain unit maybe, or action that activates it? If so, let me know, I could try to see if maybe it's something I could fix?

I helped in the design of WAW, but not the MC's, but there are only so many things it could be, unless it's a bit of code, then I'm no help there!!

Warhorse
No indication at all. I think the problem lied with the game thinking you were playing someone else and a timer would started in the lower right corner of the screen. That "timer" would rapidly flash all kinds of information but the only info you needed to know was "@!&*(!@!" You have to reboot to exit the screen.

This "bug" will then keep repeating itself in the other scenarios at random times.

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ohh that!!!! Darn, for the life of me, I can't remember what caused that, it was fixed, and wasn't something connected with the MC's, but rather the exe itself, I assume you have EVERY patch Matrix put out for the game itself? I haven't seen that pop up lately , it was something to do with the multi-player function, bleeding into any scenario, upon turn changes. I still will sometimes get a 'bug', where I will try to select a unit, only the program seems to be still selecting a previous unit, it will go away in a short time, sometimes neccessitating the restart of the program, but it only occurs once in awhile. Will try to find out what the timer thing was though!!

Warhorse