Low Ammo on a Manhandled Gun

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just noticed that Guns get a -2 to their Manhandling DR if they opt to place a Low Ammo counter (C10.3). That's pretty cool chrome. Has anyone ever done this, and how did it work out? And I'm a little surprised that there isn't any provision for Going Back And Getting The Rest Of The Ammo. I mean, seriously.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Going Back And Getting The Rest Of The Ammo.
Could have two or three listed hexes with the Ammo, but the runner would have to make a dr to determine if the proper location. Because you know, somebody always fails to get the message.

gorkowskij

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did this in my recent play of The Sixth Blow to quickly reach wagons that would take me off the map board for EVP. It makes a difference. In my case, as I recall, the gun had M10 and it cost 2 MP to enter the next hex (double OG cost) so my crew needed an 8 or less to make it work, but that became 10 or less when I ditched the ammo. That also meant a roll of 8 would not end my move, but enable me to keep going.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Just noticed that Guns get a -2 to their Manhandling DR if they opt to place a Low Ammo counter (C10.3). That's pretty cool chrome. Has anyone ever done this, and how did it work out? And I'm a little surprised that there isn't any provision for Going Back And Getting The Rest Of The Ammo. I mean, seriously.
That chrome is so shiny you could shave in it. 😁

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
A rare thing to do but I will remember it I just gotta get that gun pushed.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A possibility in Silence That Gun.

You push the gun backwards and for add cheesiness then kindle the grain behind it.

Just don't expect many will play you a second time.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A possibility in Silence That Gun.

You push the gun backwards and for add cheesiness then kindle the grain behind it.

Just don't expect many will play you a second time.
Actually, I wouldn't mind such "tricks" being pulled on me at all.
Rather, I would consider them examples of ingenuity.

After decades of ASL being played by nerds around the globe, I find it refreshing if somebody contrieves to come up with unexpected "solutions" that nobody has ever thought of before.

This is especially the case for "classics" which have been played countless times.

von Marwitz

Last edited: