Low Ammo effect on PF

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
In a scenario with Low AMMO for both sides, German player has 29 MMC's. That would give them a potential 44 PFs in 1944. Is that correct in that these particular sw's are unaffected by Low Ammo?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
In a scenario with Low AMMO for both sides, German player has 29 MMC's. That would give them a potential 44 PFs in 1944. Is that correct in that these particular sw's are unaffected by Low Ammo?
Low ammo does not affect PF check drs or limits.

JR

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which seems kind of odd, but them's the rules ...

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
What is odd is why anyone would care about PF limits since no one has ever reach it to my knowledge, or more accurately no one ever took care of counting PF shots during a game.

A useless rule that should be discarded.

NB: i'm not against SSR-mandated tight PF limits, which could provide an interesting challenge for its users in some dire situations.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I would imagine that, unlike small arms & MG ammo, PFs just weren't used continuously. You probably always had one or two around unless you had been under three straight days of armored assault or had been designated a fortress city, in which case you were already dead. The Festung Budapest rules change the PF check DRs, but only for the two highest levels of ammo shortage.

As a practical matter it would be hard to put a limit on that affected play. Halve the normal limit? Probably wouldn't reach that either.

JR

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
What is odd is why anyone would care about PF limits since no one has ever reach it to my knowledge, or more accurately no one ever took care of counting PF shots during a game.

NB: i'm not against SSR-mandated tight PF limits, which could provide an interesting challenge for its users in some dire situations.
Agree.. Surely a limit depending also on number of turns will have a better effect.. And even a modificar when some level of used PFs have been reached..

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I do. That and the allowable number of DC/TH Heroes for the Japanese.

And yes, I have played in scenarios where the allowable number of PF was reached.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
With a low infantry units count, I have played scenarios where the PF number limit was a factor to car about.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are fairly likely to reach the limit on the number of TH Heroes.

JR
Do they suffer from low ammo?
;)
One never runs out of "pointed sticks."

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States

I agree, rules allow far too many PFs in a normal scenario. My concern was in a "low ammo" scenario (my first experience there) if the limit had been reduced to say 1 for every 3 MMCs, or only available in a dr of 1. If so would smoke grenade rolls, ATMM rolls and Mol rolls also be reduced in Low Ammo scenarios?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
would smoke grenade rolls, ATMM rolls and Mol rolls also be reduced in Low Ammo scenarios?
None of those are affected by normal low ammo rules. ATMM and smoke grenades are affected in Festung Budapest at the higher two levels of ammo shortage.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
16.6 AVAILABILITY: Axis units suffer a decreased chance of having a number of capabilities available to them as defined below.
16.6 AVAILABILITY AMMUNITION SHORTAGE CHART (Placement/Check/Usage drms)​
Level​
Inf. SMOKE
Grenades
(A24.1)​
Special
Ammo
(C8.9)*​
PF
(C13.31)​
ATMM
(C13.7)​
Starshell/IR
(E1.92/.93)​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
2​
0​
-1​
0​
0​
0​
3​
0​
-1​
0​
0​
0​
4​
+1​
-2​
+1​
+1​
+1​
5​
+2​
-2​
+2​
+2​
+2​
* Depletion Number reduced by indicated amount.