Lots of new things in the store that affect combat performance and are not in-game

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Lots of new things in the store that affect combat performance and are not in-gam

I've pretty much given up caring about whats in the store, I didn't care much when it first came out so... Plus the best stuff will never be in-game drop items, or at least with any real chance to get them.

It's just one big: "give us more money so you can get better stuff than those who don't give us more money and thus "win" the game easier. Plus, be able to do & complete the neat stuff we're now making that they can't get- unless they buy our stuff."
Might not be 100% accurate but thats my take.

The game is now set to be geared to those F2P buyers with that special stuff. All the special raids & instances they made for the next update with the leaning to: "only 1 way to defeat the bosses" means those Uber items give those playes the edge. The random "fun" pugs by casual players being able to do the "neat" quests etc. for the "neat drops" might be on the way out.

I do admit that the store-players seems to have increased the development pace of the game. I'll just continue to do what I can with what I can make & find in-game and skip those "neat" areas requiring Uber-items if I have to. The game already has enough things to do that are great without spending extra money just to experience them. {Now, if they start cutting back on those then we'll have a problem}

Hmmm, I wonder how much those potions will eventually cost that allow you to defeat "Sauron" in Barad-dur?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Re: Lots of new things in the store that affect combat performance and are not in-gam

I hate to say I told you so, but...

Now do you see why I hate F2P so much?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

We saw it coming, yes we did but hope is eternal especially after such a great A+ beginning.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

People more familiar with legendary items than me now say that the in-game path to develop your LI has been slowed down in this update (the same update that let you buy the same thing).

There is also more new health and power potions. In addition to the Überpotions that came right in f2p they now have combo potions that give both instant heal and heal over time (the large one) and don't share a cooldown with the other potions. It also seems that the prices have been lowered a lot. Now you can have hotkeys with for-pay potions and hammer them all the time :)