LOTR: The Return of the King extended version - spoilers inside!

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BarcelonaBlom said:
Yeah and what's funny is I heard that Chris Tolkien didn't like the newer movies... they are at least better then Backshi's (sp big time). Anyways THEY STILL DON'T GO BACK TO HOBBITON!?
I could have told you that before the movie came out in theaters, Jackson said it was never filmed.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overseer said:
Did they ever sort out the legal problems? The rights to the Hobbit were owned by someone else, not Tolkien's son who wanted the LotR movies to be made.
I think Bakshi still owns the movie option The Hobbit. ARGH! Actually I liked Bakshi's Hobbit - not bad at all, really. But I say "arg" because Jackson et. al. would totally ROCK if they got to do the Hobbit. Of course, buying the rights from Bakshi would be insanely expensive at this point, seeing how well LOTR did...

There were two parts that I liked of the Bakshi version of LOTR (don't kill me!): (1) The bed-stabbing scene in Fellowship, which I think Bakshi did *slightly* better than Jackson (but Jackson's version still rocked), and (2) the orc-background-music used by Bakshi. His orcs sucked tornadoes, BUT that music was way cool. dum-dum-DA-dum, dum-dum-DA-dum, oh yeah. :)

Legolas: Well, all 3 of my teenage girls loved him (lust is probably the better word) - the mojo-moves were definately part of that attraction. Heck, it's a fantasy, who cares?

Patrocles

Reaction score
Richa333 said:
I think Bakshi still owns the movie option The Hobbit. ARGH! Actually I liked Bakshi's Hobbit - not bad at all, really. But I say "arg" because Jackson et. al. would totally ROCK if they got to do the Hobbit. Of course, buying the rights from Bakshi would be insanely expensive at this point, seeing how well LOTR did...

There were two parts that I liked of the Bakshi version of LOTR (don't kill me!): (1) The bed-stabbing scene in Fellowship, which I think Bakshi did *slightly* better than Jackson (but Jackson's version still rocked), and (2) the orc-background-music used by Bakshi. His orcs sucked tornadoes, BUT that music was way cool. dum-dum-DA-dum, dum-dum-DA-dum, oh yeah. :)

Legolas: Well, all 3 of my teenage girls loved him (lust is probably the better word) - the mojo-moves were definately part of that attraction. Heck, it's a fantasy, who cares?
Ralph Bakshi still owns the movie rights to the hobbit!? He probably got them for a song! ha ha Bakshi's LOTR came out ~1978/79, right?

Has Jackson said anything about trying to attempt a film version of The Hobbit?

B5C

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it was good that Bombadill was removed. Look the story of Bombadill had no really big importance to the whole story. He is only there once! Also the movie version is suppose to be a Action/Fantasy film. Adding a danceing & singing Bombadill would kill the movie. Also it also adds no importance to the film.

New Line Lawyers are in talks with Bakshi on rights of filming the Hobbit. If Bakshi agrees, the movie will problay come out a few years after "King Kong."