Lost Russian counters at Albany

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just noticed that my Russian 1/2" counters are missing from my kit. I misplaced them at the Albany tournament in December. If anyone has as information as to their whereabouts please get in touch.

Rob Loper

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Two thoughts: contact the hotel, and ask if the Albany organizers might be able and willing to send out an e-mail blast to participants. I'm sure you already have, but I would double- and triple-check my kit before I asked for such extreme measures.

JR

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have checked my kit at least 10 times! The strange thing is that I didn't even use my Russians in Albany. This opens up the possibility that they have been missing since Octoberfest. This is the problem with playing on VASL exclusively at home. I will contact the hotel soon.

Rob

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I figured you had checked. If it might be out in Cleveland, contact with Bret.

If you lost a small amount of stuff (e.g. an ASL Journal, a scenario card), it would be relatively easy for someone to get it mixed up in their stuff. It's a lot less likely (although possible) that someone picked up an entire tray without realizing it. If someone found it I would expect he would hand it in to a tournament organizer. Without knowing the details it seems at least as likely that you have it at home, just in a place you haven't looked yet. You probably have checked thoroughly but you might check your car trunk or backseat and any place you staged your kit on its way in or out, plus any shelf or what-not where you might have set it down. Worst comes to worst, Beyond Valor is still in print. Good luck.

JR

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just noticed that my Russian 1/2" counters are missing from my kit. I misplaced them at the Albany tournament in December. If anyone has as information as to their whereabouts please get in touch.

Rob Loper
Rob I have a couple of sets of Beyond Valor and I believe an extra VotG that have been cracked but should be all unpunched- if your stuff doesn't turn up I bet I can put a 1/2" set together for you and hand it over at the Nor'Easter without too much difficulty

I remember my first or second ASLOK when I went down to say goodbye to a couple guys before going to the airport and spotted my entire German OB sitting on the table- that close call has always reminded me to account for whatever counters I just finished playing with before moving on to another scenario- Also a great reason to put one of those return address mailing labels everyone is always sending me with a phone # and email inside every plano- Just let me know what you need

Brian-

Skull.jpg

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Brian! I may take you up on the VOTG guys. Replacing the BV stuff should be easy. The tough part will be replacing all the special guys from BFP, LFT, various HASLs, etc.

Rob

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Or you could put GPS transponders in your counters. That way even if only one goes missing you can track it down.

JR

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just picked up another copy of BVv1 for $25 and am thinking I will use it to send pieces out to replace lost counters at various tournaments.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have located my Russian counters!! I left them at Octoberfest in Cleveland last October! I really should label all my stuff before Nor'easter!

Thanks everyone!
Rob
Until zis post I wass of ze conviction sat possibly ze promising yong offizer Pleva might have had a hand in ze total annihilation of said Russians. As we now haf proof to ze contrary, I am forced to wisdraw my recommendation for ze Iron Cross. A pity.

But ju, Schmettly, will be demoted to Schütze and reassigned to a Bewährungs Battaillon for neglecting your guard duties, leaving zose Russians unattended and getting drunk at Oktoberfest on top of sat. What outrageous, unthinkable, and indecorous behavior. Wegtreten!

von Marwitz

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Until zis post I wass of ze conviction sat possibly ze promising yong offizer Pleva might have had a hand in ze total annihilation of said Russians. As we now haf proof to ze contrary, I am forced to wisdraw my recommendation for ze Iron Cross. A pity.

But ju, Schmettly, will be demoted to Schütze and reassigned to a Bewährungs Battaillon for neglecting your guard duties, leaving zose Russians unattended and getting drunk at Oktoberfest on top of sat. What outrageous, unthinkable, and indecorous behavior. Wegtreten!

von Marwitz
Membership in the OFF (Ost Front Fanatics) Squad has been placed on "Double-Secret Probation" for losing your "Defenders of the Motherland" for almost SIX months......