Lost on LOS

Pirke

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Its probably a misunderstanding but I'm not seeing the light in this one.

If you take the LOS example on page 6 of the rulebook. Imagine hex 3006 being a level higher then hex 2808, rest of the levels is unchanged. And units in 3006 and 2808 attempt to see each other.

What I get is 5.4.1 does not apply in the elevation is not higher than both units. Also 5.4.2 does not apply since the elevation is not higher than 1 units. Same goes for 5.4.3, the elevation is not lower than both units.

So looking at 5.4.4 and 5.4.5 leads me to belief the LOS chart does apply to this example.

According to the chart the 'Unit Height Differential' is 1. The 'Height of intervening elevation/obstacle is 1 so LOS is blocked?

I'm sure I do something wrong here so if someone can explain the functioning of LOS I would be grateful. Perhaps there is a link where I can find more details LOS examples in addition to the picture on page 6.

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hex 2808 is one level higher than 3006. In this situation, rule 5.4.2 ('obstacle higher than one unit') does apply because LoS runs through hex 2908, and that hex is higher than 3006.