Loss of Warren Bajan

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many of you that play the Napoleonic series may remember Warren Bajan, the guy who would put out alternate versions of the Units.bmp files using the older Battleground format. He also did a Waterloo mod and was a great help to me on the Napoleonic Battles series.

Warren passed away this week and he will be sorely missed.

I have known Warren since May, 2009. We met by accident on the Nap Wargame Club forum and our friendship grew from that point to where he was a key member of my teams, an enjoyable friend to talk with over the phone, we shared the mutual loss of our moms in the period of one year's time. Just a great guy to get to know.

Warren was an officer in the US Army during the late 70s - early 80s. After that he worked over in Germany for some years. Eventually finding his way back to the US during his later years he enjoyed skiing and wargaming and many other pursuits. He always said he was glad he got in all of the skiing time he could knowing that some day his knees would no longer handle it.

In one of my usual calls to Warren I would find him out on the patio doing some BBQ or just enjoying a lazy afternoon. We brainstormed a lot over the phone. He was also part of my Battle Academy: Fortress Metz team. He set me right so many times on historical matters (anything from the layout of the city of Dresden to the proper uniform that a unit wore) so many times I could never list them all out. For me his part on the teams was invaluable. Any time you play Campaign Leipzig, 1814 or Bautzen just know that Warren's touch on those games was paramount. He also aided me with the updates to Wagram, Eckmuhl, Jena and Austerlitz.

I cannot express how much I am missing him already. I was hoping against hope that my phone calls to him would eventually be answered or that I would learn that he had undergone some VA medical procedure and was on the mend.

Needless to say this warrior is going to miss his fallen comrade and for many of you that remember Warren I know that he would want you to carry on, never forget those that served our country and to remember him with fondness and as you use the materials he labored to produce for the hobby to remember his passion for the Napoleonic period (as well as WW2 ...).

<SALUTE> to Warren - never to be forgotten.