LOS works differently for my opponent

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hm, but I'd say the majority of scenarios use flipped boards or half-boards (i.e. cropped boards) of some sort.

What are the consequences of not redoing the whole board setup in such cases?

von Marwitz
LOS may not work. Nothing else. And it will work in most cropped/flipped situations, just not all. I fixed the fullhex cropping so that los will work when you crop to a full hex. That was the part of the problem in the OP for this thread. So, it seems that setup files where the board was cropped to a full hex will not have los enabled even if running 6.5.0.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
LOS may not work. Nothing else. And it will work in most cropped/flipped situations, just not all. I fixed the fullhex cropping so that los will work when you crop to a full hex. That was the part of the problem in the OP for this thread. So, it seems that setup files where the board was cropped to a full hex will not have los enabled even if running 6.5.0.
Thanks for the insight. I had noted that in earlier versions there were issues with boards cropped to the full hex and thus developed a habit to avoid doing this (rather adding an extra hexrow with unused halfhexes to have the actually intended hexrow to be visible without issues in full).

von Marwitz

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
For my issue the problem is not the cropping of boards, just the fact of invoking the Terrain SSR Will disable the LOS tool.

In my case I had to repull the boards to get the LOS tool working again.

I don’t think cropping is the issue, merely invoking the Terrain SSR and walls in particular breaks the LOS tool.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For my issue the problem is not the cropping of boards, just the fact of invoking the Terrain SSR Will disable the LOS tool.

In my case I had to repull the boards to get the LOS tool working again.

I don’t think cropping is the issue, merely invoking the Terrain SSR and walls in particular breaks the LOS tool.
Yes, for your issue you are correct. In Bob Davis case, it was the cropping. Different errors for different folks! LOL