Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
LOS is clear with hindrance from bridge (by B6.2):

B6.2 All bridges block LOS between units on the bridge and units beneath the bridge. Otherwise, a bridge does not block LOS. However, a non-pontoon bridge does Hinder any LOS drawn through it between units which are at the same level as the Bridge or units only one of which is below the level of the Bridge (unless that LOS is traced only through the road depiction of the Bridge).​

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The bridge isn't actually what's at issue. That's a +1 hindrance. As you say, B6.2 is very clear.
Ah, misunderstood the intent of the OP. I assumed his question was if there was a LOS at all, not if it hindered a shot as he asked about a LOS and not a LOF. In your sense of understanding then yes, 6.3 is a little more applicable.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Ah, misunderstood the intent of the OP. I assumed his question was if there was a LOS at all, not if it hindered a shot as he asked about a LOS and not a LOF. In your sense of understanding then yes, 6.3 is a little more applicable.
To Carl's credit, he was trying not to prejudice the conversation (this started on Facebook), but there are two "issues" that came up there and the bridge seems already to have been clearly answered. :)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I really dislike coy questions. State what your problem is. If you can explain both alternatives, that's good too. Don't make me guess.

JR

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
As I saw the question, B6.2 (second sentence) is necessary to say (essentially) that the bridge is ignored for LOS purposes (since the units are not in the same level). The third sentence states that is remains a hindrance...

Having removed the bridge from the LOS problem, we are left with a unit adjacent to a gully location and with continuous LOS directly along several gully hexes. For this, A6.3 comes into play.

Seems clear to me...are we all on the same page?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
What level do you have the two at? I have one at aerial and one at ground. I believe he is asking about whether he can see a paratrooper during the MPh to shoot it down.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What level do you have the two at? I have one at aerial and one at ground. I believe he is asking about whether he can see a paratrooper during the MPh to shoot it down.

JR
Could be as I had failed to notice the slightly skewed arrow and just ass-u-me-d that the blue string was a LOS/LOF thread. A trick question after all perhaps.:rolleyes::D

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really dislike coy questions. State what your problem is. If you can explain both alternatives, that's good too. Don't make me guess.

JR
What is coy about is there a LOS or not? The other problem, as Spencer confides, we both agreed upon, regarding the bridge.

Spencer, as regards the LOS question, it appears I was incorrect about the LOS being blocked. Thank you. I learned something.

Thanks to all who replied.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
What is coy about is there a LOS or not? The other problem, as Spencer confides, we both agreed upon, regarding the bridge.

Spencer, as regards the LOS question, it appears I was incorrect about the LOS being blocked. Thank you. I learned something.

Thanks to all who replied.
Thank you. Fun to work through together. What changed your mind, BTW?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
If your thought was along the lines of the LOS having to say withing the Gully artwork to be clear, you and I were in agreement. Who knew. -- jim

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Gentlemen, please see the attached image and opine as to whether you think the LOS from S6 to V7 is clear. Please cite the rules to justify your opinion. Thanks guys.
Just to be clear, where does this OP speak of Bridges?
So the ambiguity of the question is in the strange meanders of the mind of other people.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Just to be clear, where does this OP speak of Bridges?
So the ambiguity of the question is in the strange meanders of the mind of other people.
As noted above, this was a continuation from Facebook. Some folks there (erroneously) thought the bridge would block (or have no effect) on LOS.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Ah I see.
One should avoid linking with a Facebook debate without clarifying here what the question is all about.
Especially as the Facebook thread will be lost in the mists of time in a couple of days.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Ah I see.
One should avoid linking with a Facebook debate without clarifying here what the question is all about.
Especially as the Facebook thread will be lost in the mists of time in a couple of days.
Meh, permalinks work and you can use Save Post.

Also, as noted above, Carl was trying to not prejudice opinions here. Fresh eyes are often valuable.