LOS on slopes

BLAZZER

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If your on a level 1 hill,shooting five hexes away at a downslope hex with a hedge directly in front it. would the downslope hex be blind because of the hedge. If your on the same level as that downslope I would imagine the hedge blocks los to units in the downslope.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Chris,
Not sure exactly what your situation is without seeing it, but if both units are on the same hill level the up or downslopes won't create any kind of blind hex.
Victor

BLAZZER

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
los

victor, Kemp board with the bridge to chenux. mm9 level 1 hill,fireing at pp5 ground level in downslope. nn5 ground level fireing at pp5 ground level in downslope.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well,in general hedge/walls don't create blinds for starters. There is the situation where an entrenched unit won't have los over walls and vice versa though...

BLAZZER

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
los

so if a gun is entrenched on the downslope it would be blind behind the hedge/wall.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't confuse entrenched with emplaced though. I don't think you have a gun in a foxhole your situation do you?
V

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I should add that the special case of los blockage due to being under an entrenchment counter next to a wall/hedge only holds for viewers that are non-adjacent and on the same level or lower.

BLAZZER

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
los

so being in a downslope doesnt effect los? yea i was thinking emplaced. still seems if hex is 3/4 level lower that a hedge would block it. slopes are toughhhhhhh.