LOS from rooftop over a factory

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Does a unit in a 2.5 height rooftop have LOS over a 2 height factory?
A "2 height factory" does not exist.

B23.74 FACTORY: A Factory exists only by SSR, and represents any warehouse/machine shop type structure with high ceilings and large work bays lacking interior walls or subdivisions. A Factory is a 2½ level LOS obstacle if it has a printed stairwell, or a 1½ level LOS obstacle if it does not. In either case, it has no upper level floors—all occupants are at ground level [EXC: rooftops; 23.8].

It follows that a unit on a 2.5 level factory roof cannot see over a 2.5 level factory to a lower elevation

esparver73

Reaction score
Country
llLuxembourg
Maybe it wasn't a factory then... There was a situation with only half height above the obstacle and I wasn't sure if there was LOS, if a full height was needed. Is there a rules reference?

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Maybe it wasn't a factory then... There was a situation with only half height above the obstacle and I wasn't sure if there was LOS, if a full height was needed. Is there a rules reference?
A6.2 and 6.4 refer to units at a “higher“ elevation than the obstacle. There is no suggestion that they need to be a full level higher to see over it.

esparver73

Reaction score
Country
llLuxembourg
Ok, I was reading too much into it.
In the P2.3 example there is a LOS from Level 3+3/4 over an obstacle height of 3+1/2, so clearly half a level is enough.
Thanks.