Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cue "Sockpuppet-Tsunami" in 3, 2, 1...

(to the tune of "Hey, hey we're the Monkees")

"Hey hey we're Duh Ratt's Flunkees..."

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
If it is, then he be crazier than Ivan in a hot tub playing with his marbles as the peanuts float on by...the whole concept of multiple logins personas and personalities smells like that Niki and her sister the nurse and Uncle Bob and his warlock and witch thing a few years ago...just plain crazy...nutso...

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Didn't care for Lords either. In My old age (68) I prefer fixed terrain (not overlays) and larger hexes. CH has not followed up with additional scenario packs for this series. To make it shine it needs more detailed urban, village, and riverine terrain overlays.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Didn't care for Lords either. In My old age (68) I prefer fixed terrain (not overlays) and larger hexes. CH has not followed up with additional scenario packs for this series. To make it shine it needs more detailed urban, village, and riverine terrain overlays.
Do you own anything by Bounding Fire or Le Franc Tireur?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Do you own anything by Bounding Fire or Le Franc Tireur?
Yes, all most all of it.

For BFP I don't have Objective Schmidt, Poland in Flames or ITR 2 (nor the new one Corregidor: the Rock) but got all the rest of their line.

For LFT I got all the mags except for the 1-6, 14 and the Deluxe Pack. Plus all the Rat Packs except the last one (8?).

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, all most all of it.

For BFP I don't have Objective Schmidt, Poland in Flames or ITR 2 (nor the new one Corregidor: the Rock) but got all the rest of their line.

For LFT I got all the mags except for the 1-6, 14 and the Deluxe Pack. Plus all the Rat Packs except the last one (8?).
I have everything Bounding Fire Productions has released (two copies of High Ground!) - all of it amazing.
BFP's "Objective:Schmidt" is ASL perfection - literally.
Le Franc Tireur's "Kampfgruppe Scherer: The Shield of Cholm" is also, literally, ASL perfection.
Check them out!

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Selling mapsets iz wut itz awl abowt!!!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Yes I forgot I also have Kampfgruppe Scherer and St. Nazerine, have not got a chance to play anything from those two though.

Have played a lot from both COS and BAJ.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes I forgot I also have Kampfgruppe Scherer and St. Nazerine, have not got a chance to play anything from those two though.

Have played a lot from both COS and BAJ.
I got Le Franc Tireur's "St. Nazaire:Operation Chariot" also.
Isn't it great? The map is really awesome. I haven't played anything from it either.
Great thing about Le Franc Tireur, in addition to their top-notch products, is the customer service.
Years ago I had a issue with an LFT product - really minor. Monsieur Xavier Vitry's response was so immediate, courteous and responsive in how my concern was addressed that i was amazed.

Last edited:

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I picked up Lords as a terrain pack to mess around with but unfortunately there was no steppe terrain in it. I find CH harvests many of the wishes ASLers post on places like GS and turns around and quickly puts something out there to feed/capitalize on it. I wasn’t quite sure what itch they were trying to scratch with this pack. Maybe the MMP overlay pack or simply reselling leftover products from thier other lines.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like some of those counters have dimensional issues as well. I notice how some are far too wide.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
The hexes in the overlays are proportionally correct. Problem occurs where you need to stack overlays for particular scenarios. As a rule these two sets are great for DYO encounters, where you generate scenarios using miniatures rules sets. I've run some dyos of the 1941 Soviet winter counter offensive and Operation Mars with Winter Lords of the Steppes and the results were more than satisfactory.