Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's ok, no one is perfect. We won't judge you. :p

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
LOTR!!! ROTK is awesome with the cavalry charge!

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

Skoal!
:toast:

Storm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct!

Rohirim! To me! :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

:horse: WAIT UP!

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I Got a feeling, that the Orks and Saruman, ect, were not depicted as potent and in abundance as in the books, shame really since they were the best characters...
Well, loved the movie, and the book, which was the first one I read in english (at nine, I spoke it from leaning to speak though..., now was that a year earlier...)?

Tcanuck

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And speaking of Liv Tyler I dont think Cate Blanchett was anywhere near hot enough to be Galadriel...!

As a Canadian i nominate Estella Warren as an alternative , exotic looking and way gorgeous!

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Lance Williams
You got a problem with boobs?:laugh:
Don't get me wrong, I love boobs! But don't make it out like it was actually anything more than a change to the story for the sake of them!

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Overseer
I'm agree with Lance on most points except the Arwen vs. Glorfindel point. I don't think that streamlined the story any. I think that was done just to put some boobs in at a point where there otherwise wouldn't have been any until the second movie.
Reportedly all the love interest stuff (aka, boobs) were added to get women to come see the movie. They go for that sappy love story stuff, while the guys want to see orcs get beheaded!
Also last I heard about a Hobbit movie: Peter Jackson wants to make it, but the rights are actually owned by someone different and there were supposedly issues involved in getting the rights. Tolkien's son or grandson (whoever it is that's alive right now) says he would love to have Jackson make it, but they have to figure out and get through all the red tape first.
Write the man a check, Peter! You've got the money for it now!

JS

Reaction score
Originally posted by 17poundr
I Got a feeling, that the Orks and Saruman, ect, were not depicted as potent and in abundance as in the books, shame really since they were the best characters...
Well, loved the movie, and the book, which was the first one I read in english (at nine, I spoke it from leaning to speak though..., now was that a year earlier...)?
Its ironic that was your first English book since the Elvin language is based on Finnish.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tcanuck
And speaking of Liv Tyler I dont think Cate Blanchett was anywhere near hot enough to be Galadriel...!

As a Canadian i nominate Estella Warren as an alternative , exotic looking and way gorgeous!
No offense to Estella Warren, but I don't think she'd bring the etherial timelessness needed for the part........just my opinion.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Loved the book. Loved the movies although I enjoyed the Two Towers more. Bought all three DVD versions, even bought the extended versions on top of that and will be buying the extended version of Return of the King.

Janos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by dannybou
Loved the book. Loved the movies although I enjoyed the Two Towers more. Bought all three DVD versions, even bought the extended versions on top of that and will be buying the extended version of Return of the King.
I agree that The Two Towers was magnificent, but haven't seen the last one yet. Saving it to see with my wife when I get home.

JS

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RotK was fantastic. Followed by Two Towers and then Fellowship in a close third.

I think the power of the movies was mainly in the amazing battle sequences. I can get the story and characters better from the books, I just really enjoyed the chance to see it all come alive.

Janos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Overseer
I think the power of the movies was mainly in the amazing battle sequences. I can get the story and characters better from the books, I just really enjoyed the chance to see it all come alive.
I agree...Helms's Deep is far and away my favorite part of the books and The Two Towers for exactly that reason.

JS

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have read the books many times before the movies were discussed about being made. I was sad to see some of the characters in the books not in the film but can you imagine how much larger the film would be. There is already a ton of material in the films.

I am interested in seeing the extended version of the last film. I am interested to see how much they did cut. Rumor has it that they filmed the death of Sharky and the replanting of the Shire but it was cut.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Janos
I agree that The Two Towers was magnificent, but haven't seen the last one yet. Saving it to see with my wife when I get home.

JS
You have a wife?
To quote Saving Private Ryan:
"They assembled him outta spare parts of dead GI's at OCS."

The wait is worth it!

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by jguritza
I have read the books many times before the movies were discussed about being made. I was sad to see some of the characters in the books not in the film but can you imagine how much larger the film would be. There is already a ton of material in the films.

I am interested in seeing the extended version of the last film. I am interested to see how much they did cut. Rumor has it that they filmed the death of Sharky and the replanting of the Shire but it was cut.
The scouring of the shire (and thus anything else related to it) were never film as far as I know.