Lord of the Rings Online is Awesome!!!

micky_O

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Gents-

If you guys who love LotR will like this online incarnation. Alot more fun then WoW or DDO IMHO.

Micky

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why is LotRO better than the other MMORPG games out there?

Personally, I can't wait for Warhammer Online. Unfortunately, it has been pushed back to 2008.

Last edited:

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
good question.

all MMORPG's have the same sort of structure; questing, items, lvling, that sort of stuff. so at it's core, all MMORPG's are essentially the same, it's how they take that core and tweak it and execute it that makes MMORPG's different.

with that being said, LOTRO isnt much different than WoW really. what i find enjoyable about it is first, the quests. many of the quests well thought out, and fun to do. also, i like the scale so far. you go to Bree, and it's a very large town, or go to Archet and it's a tiny little town, but you can believe that all the npc's hanging out there actually live there.

i also like that LOTRO tries to encourage grouping, or fellowshipping as it's known. in WoW, i hated grouping with people i didnt know, because of smacktards and flakes, it wasnt fun for me. in LOTRO, i've jumped into a fair number of fellowships, and most have been enjoyable. i have a feeling it has to do with LOTRO having a much older player base then WoW.

i like the graphics, the quests, the fellowship, the lore, and the fact that i can solo or group and get stuff accomplished either way. for me, i've enjoyed LOTRO alot because i've decided to approach it from a more casual gamer perspective.

what isnt so fun about the game to me is i dont care for all the classes, and there not many of them. i do like the crafting system, but it's a bit tedious, and there's lots of running around till you get a mount at lvl 35. i have also found that, even tho i really like the game, i find myself getting slightly bored if i play for too long. more than likely thats because i have gamers ADD!

well, i hoped that helped some. i too cant wait for Warhammer Online!

YourElection

Reaction score
@jayedub7423 - you've got me interested. Do you have any tips for someone starting the game and for someone with little MMORPG experience?

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well I guess my first tip would be to check the LOTRO forums often, specially to get help from the class forums. And don't be afraid to use the advice channel in game as well, there are always players who are willing to help a new player.

I remember the first time I played a MMO, it can be very overwhelming, which is totally normal. The good thing about LOTRO is that it has a nice intro/tutorial type of zone to get you started before setting you loose in Bree-Land.

I do know one thing, and that Palantir is the best to ask for info on this game, he has alot more game experience with LOTRO than I. If you do decide to give the game a try, come join us on the Landroval server, and I will add you to my friends list and help as much as I can.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I had zero experience in MMOs but after playing in the intro zone, it was pretty much a breeze - needed zero help at all. jayedub7423 offers great advice if you do need some extra assistance though.