looking for tcp/ip game

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
i'm looking for tcp/ip opponents european time zone (belgium)
i'm a beginner at cm so i'd like tcp/ip^to be able to chat with my opponent during the game so that i can learn better how to play.
i have combat mission barbarossa to berlin latest patch
contact me at viridomaros@hotmail.com

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
viridomaros said:
i'm looking for tcp/ip opponents european time zone (belgium)
i'm a beginner at cm so i'd like tcp/ip^to be able to chat with my opponent during the game so that i can learn better how to play.
i have combat mission barbarossa to berlin latest patch
contact me at viridomaros@hotmail.com
hohoho... you are not chasing me, are ya? :D

Welcome, buddy!

:whist:

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
ER_Chaser said:
hohoho... you are not chasing me, are ya? :D

Welcome, buddy!

:whist:
i couldn't resist to the temptation
you kinda forced me to change my signature

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
viridomaros said:
i couldn't resist to the temptation
you kinda forced me to change my signature
haha... you should actually mention that for how long I did not send turns ---- two years :p ... :argh:

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
So, anyway, do you get anyone to play with you online now, buddy?

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
ER_Chaser said:
So, anyway, do you get anyone to play with you online now, buddy?
not yet
yesterday evening i played 2 qb against phil davies from fgm (blitzgriek ladder) i was badly beaten twice.
i need to train how to use infantry on the attack. because i have the bad habit of doing human waves attack style, having the feeling if i have more soldiers than the ennemy it will work. In cmbb it doesn't work well ( as well as in history when you look to what happened to the russians btw)

i also need to learn how to spot effectivelly and to have a better knowledge about the equipement, yesterday evening i was trying to knock out stug III g with t34m43 at a range up to 500 meters obviously it didn't work well.
but i'm still looking for opponents even if you're not from the same time zone just post when you're available and i'll see if it can work for me

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Buddy, first of all, I am more than willing to schedule a TCP game with you --- hopefully I will fully recover by next week and both of us have time. For weekends, I am basically fine with any time slot --- except 2am to 6am EST.

As for game play, here are a few questions I would like you to consider first:
1) Did you read the manual carefully? (The entire manual, or at least, most of it ---- to understand at least most of the commands and terrain types.)
2) Did you play around with AI enough? That is, can you beat AI easily now? If not, can you beat AI easily when you are defending now? You should be able to kick AI like a ball before you can truly appreciate human opponents' skills and brains (esp. experienced ones.).

And particularly between us, I will need you to host the TCP game, because my network does not make this thing work if I host.

As for your two specific questions, buddy :) ---- 1) human wave is probably only designed for fun. It is useless in normal scenarios against human players. Unless, you specially designed a scenario with conscript Russians at huge numerical advantage, then you may find a use of it. But that is just for fun still. The manual says it is basically a version of "assault" command for conscripts. That means, it is at least useless or redundent for non-conscript units. But you certainly how much one could expect from true peasants.
2) Armor penetration table is pretty precise given in the unit details. And you can also see enemy armor types (most of the time) and besides, on screen, when you point to the target, it gives you hit chance and kill likelihood as well. So it should not be a surprise to see a T34/43 useless against StugIII's 80mm frontal armor at 500m. It should be ineffective mostly.

Just hope I could help a little bit ---- somehow to compensate my guiltiness in TOAW with you buddy :)

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
i still haven't found someone to play against
great news is that i registeredon the appui feu website and that i'm in the process to get a personnal teacher :p

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
viridomaros said:
i still haven't found someone to play against
great news is that i registeredon the appui feu website and that i'm in the process to get a personnal teacher :p
personal teacher? What is that? I am quite interested. How are they organized? And what are the teachers' skill levels?

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
ER_Chaser said:
personal teacher? What is that? I am quite interested. How are they organized? And what are the teachers' skill levels?
well when you're new to the game and that you register on this website (appui feu)
they ask you to get a kind of personnal teacher to teach you how the game works. Those guys are veterans of the game who have been playing over one year or so to combat mission :cheeky:

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
viridomaros said:
well when you're new to the game and that you register on this website (appui feu)
they ask you to get a kind of personnal teacher to teach you how the game works. Those guys are veterans of the game who have been playing over one year or so to combat mission :cheeky:
can you give me a link to the web? I mean... maybe they would need a super coach or something that I could help :D

Ratzki

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you are still in need of a tcp/ip game, give me an email. I've only done pbem so far but time to give it a try. I'm not a beginner as such but have been playing opponents for the learning. Open to any type of game just let me know. Live on the west coast, time could be an issue.

djtrill@hotmail.com

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Ratzki said:
If you are still in need of a tcp/ip game, give me an email. I've only done pbem so far but time to give it a try. I'm not a beginner as such but have been playing opponents for the learning. Open to any type of game just let me know. Live on the west coast, time could be an issue.

djtrill@hotmail.com
i added you to my msn list if you don't mind
it will be easier t organise games like this
well i can be online most of the time so it should be ok

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
viridomaros said:
er
what about a tcp/ip game with me one of these days?
Sure, let us shoot for this weekend. I think I should be able to make it.

Tell me the best time range for you, I will figure out what I need to do to meet you :)

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
ER_Chaser said:
Sure, let us shoot for this weekend. I think I should be able to make it.

Tell me the best time range for you, I will figure out what I need to do to meet you :)
i can do at any time to be honest
your timing will be mine

we can get in touch on msn or icq if you have either of those
msn viridomaros@hotmail.com
icq 233-856-597

i also have aim but i don't like to use it though i will if you only have this one

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
viridomaros said:
i can do at any time to be honest
your timing will be mine

we can get in touch on msn or icq if you have either of those
msn viridomaros@hotmail.com
icq 233-856-597

i also have aim but i don't like to use it though i will if you only have this one
Well, I do not haev any of those. I am an old email man.

So I will send you email this Friday to set up a time. How does that sound? :)

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
ER_Chaser said:
Well, I do not haev any of those. I am an old email man.

So I will send you email this Friday to set up a time. How does that sound? :)
hmm it's always nice to have a chat software
but no problem with email
just keep in mind that i live in belgium and that it's english time +1 here
it's always nice to have an idea of the time delay between both players
i also suggest we buy and set up units in advance to save time for playing
what do you think? :cool: