Looking for someone who knows the air rules V V well

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

A scenario called Hoffmeister's Charge from HoB during 1944 has 2 Russian FB
which are real real dangerous.

I am willing to play either side however it would probably be best if my opponent were
Russian since I want to know the exact way this works.

There are also some German flack SPW.

WITHOUT destroying these aircraft ( I feel) the German will have a very hard time winning this scenario as there are limited options - apart from crossing open ground at some point in full view of these ac.

If you have played this scenario b4 even better

Thanks

I am +8 GMT but PBEM is fine

Yes I can send the scenario

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi

Just a Tip off - if you get DftB 42 and 43 - the review of aircraft by Carl and Aaron are a fabulous insight into the playing of aircraft - their example in 43 is excellent to really get the situation right - ( you can do without 42 if you don't want to do aerial combat)

Cheers

Rob :)

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi

Just a Tip off - if you get DftB 42 and 43 - the review of aircraft by Carl and Aaron are a fabulous insight into the playing of aircraft - their example in 43 is excellent to really get the situation right - ( you can do without 42 if you don't want to do aerial combat)

Cheers

Rob :)

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

Just the bit about the " review of aircraft by Carl and Aaron" R where ??

I have been busy reading a General article on air etc, the main issue is the Allied idea
of strafing and bombs.

It seems that in that case bombs can be dropped at any point of a strafing run ( unlike Stuka)
however ( again unlike Stuka) they "receive AA" part continues until the supposed strafing run
stops ( is finished).

In other words, point attacks don't apply.

Anyway, if that article clears this up that would be very helpful.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

Just the bit about the " review of aircraft by Carl and Aaron" R where ??

I have been busy reading a General article on air etc, the main issue is the Allied idea
of strafing and bombs.

It seems that in that case bombs can be dropped at any point of a strafing run ( unlike Stuka)
however ( again unlike Stuka) they "receive AA" part continues until the supposed strafing run
stops ( is finished).

In other words, point attacks don't apply.

Anyway, if that article clears this up that would be very helpful.
The article in question is in Dispatches from the Bunker, issue 43. I think it would help you out on the how to, along with some nasty tips on the how to.
You would need to contact Vic Provost at ASLBUNKER at AOL.com. Vic puts out Dispatches and could steer you there.